How to setup VPN to connect from ipad

Options
DK22
DK22 Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Dear All,
Recently I got USG20-VPN firewall and want to understand step by step VPN configuration so users can connect to network via remote location using their iPads. I also want remote users to access network resources once they are connected. Can someone please guide me in the right documentation or videos or explain here the steps to follow. 

I would highly appreciate a response from some expert.

Thank you in advance
Regards,
DK

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @DK22,

You can follow the steps in CONFIGURATION > Quick Setup > VPN Setup > VPN Settings for L2TP VPN Settings to configure L2TP VPN on USG20-VPN.

Note: The IP Address Pool for L2TP VPN cannot conflict with WAN/LAN/DMZ or any existing subnets even if they are not in use.

Then go to Object > User/Group > User to add L2TP users.

Configuration on iPhone/iPad

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/10888#Comment_10888

If USG20-VPN is placed behind a NAT router, here is the guide for your reference.

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/675/how-do-i-configure-the-zywall-for-a-l2tp-server-behind-nat

• DK22
    DK22 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Hello,

I tried the advised steps but it is not working. My wan internal interface IP is 192.168.1.115.

Firewall IP is 192.168.10.1 and DHCP is assigning range from 192.168.10.33

I want users to connect via VPN and use the server which is using 192.168.10.33 IP.

Can you please explain me what I have to do to make it work. what IP I have to give in range Pool so users can connect and access server.

I would appreciate a response soon.

regards,
    DK 

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Hi @DK22,

Is it the topology in your network?

What is the WAN IP of the router?

About IP Address Pool for L2TP VPN users, just set a subnet which doesn't conflict with other existing subnet.

Since 192.168.10.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 are already used, assign another subnet for L2TP VPN pool. For example: 192.168.60.0/24.

Security Highlight