NEBULA Control Center WDS setup

TomAsh
TomAsh Posts: 6
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi All
I have 3 NWA1123ACv2 access points set up offline (local configs). Recently purchassed NSW100-10P switch and tried to replicate my setup in NCC but cannot set up the WDS link. Please have a look at the topology, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is this even possible to set up in NCC or Ill be better off staying with offline (local) configs? Thanks

SSID10 is broadcasted on AP1 and AP2
SSID20 is broadcasted only on AP3
SSID30 is broadcasted only on AP1

Comments

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @TomAsh

Here is the configuration guide for the topology.
    1. AP1.
       a. Create two SSIDs.

b. Add the two SSIDs into the radio 1 profile.

c. Add the VLAN10 SSID into radio 2 profile.

2. AP2.
       a. Create two SSIDs. One is visible for VLAN10, and another one is hidden for VLAN20.

b. Adjust the radio 1(2.4G) as Root AP, and disable the SSID profile.

c. Add the two SSIDs in the radio 2(5G) profile.

3. AP3. 
       a. Create an SSID for VLAN20.

b. Adjust the radio 1(2.4G) as Repeater AP, and disable the SSID profile.

c. Add the SSID in the radio 2(5G) profile.

Hope it helps.

Joslyn
  • Hi @Zyxel_Joslyn

Thank you for your reply. The setup you have provided is offline, local device configs. I have it set up this way and working with no issues, now I would like to replicate this set up in Nebula so I can bring all my access points to the cloud management. Unfortunately i don't see the way as NWA-1123AC does not support wireless bridge in Nebula, only mesh. Is there a way to replicate this in Nebula?

Thanks, Tom
  • Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    edited January 2021
    Two settings on Nebula can be applied in your case:

1. For the WDS setting, you can enable the "Smart Mesh" function, which is under the "AP & Port Settings" directory. However, in Nebula I don't find any place to set the WDS link in specific radio (2.4/5 GHz).

2. For The SSIDs setting, in order to show them on particular AP, First you need to set tag on each SSID (which is under "SSID Overview"). And then you can move to each AP's detail page, and set the corresponding tag on them.
  • Thank you @Greenlight

Ill give it a shot when Ill have a bit of free time.

Thanks, Tom
  • TomAsh
    TomAsh Posts: 6
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Joslyn
    Thank you for your reply. The setup you have provided is offline, local device configs. I have it set up this way with no issues, now I would like to replicate this set up in Nebula so I can bring all my access points to cloud management. Unfortunately i don't see the way as NWA-1123AC does not support wireless bridge in Nebula, only mesh. Is there a way to replicate this in Nebula? 

Thanks, Tom 
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @TomAsh

Just like Greenlight said. The WDS in standalone mode is the same as Mesh in Nebula. All models support the Smart mesh. Access point > Configure > AP & port settings.

Our wireless bridge design is for the AP models which has the LAN port to use. NAP102 is not in the support list since it only has uplink port, no LAN port.
    If the APs in your org still does not work, please provide me your org/site and enable ZYXEL support(HELP > Support request) for me. I will help to check the configurations.

Joslyn