ATP100: SFP/Modem little bit slow?

JS87
JS87 Posts: 8
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi folks!

I have a ATP100 here and when I also use it as a modem with plugged-in WAN fiber cable directly into the ATP100, I receive between 400-500Mb/s in download-transfers (multiple streams, different servers tried etc.).

When I use the original modem of the provider (Swisscom, Internet-Box 3), I receive 960Mb/s per second. Of cause I don't expect these rates behind the firewall, but when I make a forwarding from the provider modem to the ATP100, I receive 650-700Mb/s which is pretty nice.
I want these rates directly from the ATP100 with plugged-in WAN fiber, but it seems to much for the ATP100?!

Do I have to swap to the ATP200 to get these rates?

I know that the ATP500 could handle this for sure, these firewalls are beasts, but I don't won't to spend this much in my Home-Setup.

Sorry for my strange spelling.
Greeting from Switzerland

Best Regards
Jonas

Accepted Solution

• JS87
    Answer ✓

Yeah… I should say, that this was of course, all ATP features were activated. All my fault. Sorry for the late response

All Replies

• Jeremylin
    Jeremylin Posts: 166  Master Member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Did the ATP100 connect with modem by Ethernet to get performance 650-700Mb/s ?
  • JS87
    edited December 2020
    Jeremylin said:
    Did the ATP100 connect with modem by Ethernet to get performance 650-700Mb/s ?
    Yes...
    Fiber-cable with SFP/miniGBIC from the wall-socket into the modem. From the modem with Ethernet (copper) into the WAN of the ATP100. Speed: 650-700Mb/s

Fiber-cable with SFP/miniGBIC from the wall-socket into the SFP-slot of the ATP100. Speed: 400-500Mb/s

Firmware is V4.60(ABPS.0).

EDIT: Perhaps I should add, that I receive 960Mb/s without the ATP100 at all (so just with the modem). So the fiber-WAN is not the problem.
  • JS87
    Answer ✓

Yeah… I should say, that this was of course, all ATP features were activated. All my fault. Sorry for the late response

Security Highlight