how to get rid of wizard in USG210 firmware 4.25 AAPI.1

Options
2»

All Replies

• Line2
    Line2 Posts: 40  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    I checked in our myzyxel portal for this customer. Status is 'active' and last sign in date is the time I started the license refresh yesterday. At the moment the annoying wizard ist still there. This USG is on V4.30. Maybe I go to WK19 on this USG40. On another USG40 with WK19 I don't have the problem with the wizard
  • danyedinak
    danyedinak Posts: 49  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    I have a USG60W and a couple of USG40Ws that this is happening on. The refresh on the licensing screen did work on a couple of other devices, but it is not a solution that works consistently - including these few. As much as I'd like to step through the wizard to see if that resolves the problem, it wants to reconfigure the wireless back to defaults, rather than grabbing the current configuration and using (or, at least, presenting) that. Since these devices are deployed at remote locations over a wide geographic area, it's not practical to risk trying to complete the wizard knowing there is at least one failure point, already. Seems odd to me that we can confirm the license registration on the screen through the web UI, and still not simply disable the wizard - even through SSH. 
  • ozarktech
    ozarktech Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Options
    I have same issue on USG310. I went through the setup wizard completely, device is registered, and I refreshed license registration. Firmware 4.25 aapj.1. Device shows registered on myzyxel portal. Have the same issue on some others as well, can't remember which ones at the moment. Would really like to disable this.
  • Line2
    Options
    thanks to @Mark. Can you publish your solution to disable the wizard on CLI here?

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,454  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Here it is the initial setup wizard behavior:
    When users choose to “skip” in step 3 of the initial wizard, they still need to run the remaining step to finish the wizard. Afterward, the initial wizard will no longer pop up after logging in once you have finished the wizard step by step and "saved" to the device.
    Please note that the initial wizard was designed to run at very first time to help users set up the device. If users setup the device manually then run the wizard in the after, the wizard will overwrite the current running configuration.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    @Line2 I just want to make clear that the most issues with this wizard are because customer misunderstand or do not comply with the policy's .. So its better to contact the support in case you think this wizard should go away but not "goes" away :-)  I am grateful to check with you and disable when necessary
  • Line2
    Options
    It's fine for me now.

Security Highlight