NWA1123-ACv2 How to schedule turn off wifi?

Options
gainbore
gainbore Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi,
I would like to schedule the wifi to be turned off at night to prevent it from sending radio emission, and also to save some power a bit.
I can do this using Fritz!Box. But, I haven't found an option to do this on NWA1123-ACv2.
I'm thinking of going back to Fritz!box if this is not possible with this Zyxel device.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @gainbore

Welcome to Zyxel Forum. The good new is, NWA1123-ACv2 supports the function you asked for, which is called "Schedule SSID". It allows users to configure the time/period where wireless services/radio to be propagated out.

If your SSID is in standalone mode, the setting page is under directory: Configuration > Object > AP Profile > SSID , Just select your using SSID and then click "Edit", then you'll see "Schedule SSID" in the bottom of pop-up window.

If your NWA1123-ACv2 is in cloud mode (managed by NCC), the setting page is under directory: AccessPoint > Configure > SSID Availability. Just simply select your SSID, and then enable the feature below, so you can set the schedule for your AP.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • Markus84
    Options
    Hello

If is there only one SSID, ist the radio turned off too or still active?

Best Regards
    Markus
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    @Markus84

The radio will be turned off when there's no SSID broadcasting.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • Markus84
    Options
    @Zyxel_Richard

perfect. Thank you for your fast answer!!

Best Regards
    Markus