USG40: Can't get port forwarding working anymore

LarsRas
LarsRas Posts: 4
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hi

I have used port forwarding for a number of years in a USG20 and a USG40, and they have worked well.

Recently I have added two more port forwards in my USG40, but none of them works. A port scan shows that the ports are not open.

I then tried to delete one of my well working forwards (NAT, SecPolicy, Objects), and created it again. Now this is also not working.

Any ideas what is going wrong now? Soon getting some grey hair from this....

My USG40 has v4.35.

br Lars

Accepted Solution

• LarsRas
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hi

It finally showed up to be all devices that passed my switch Zyxel GS 1920-24. It was kind of working, but had to be turned off/on to get failing devices to work again. Never seen that before.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,655  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

How are the USG setup? drawing of the network setup.

Are the ports TCP?

Is one of the USG getting the WAN IP and your using Virtual Server? Screenshots.

• Thanks for responding. Issue has now changed somewhat. Discovered that it was only for port forwards where I also have port translation ongoing (so ext port != int port). So currently investigating somewhere else.

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,279  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @larsras,

Here are some examples of port forwarding for your reference.

If you still have questions about port forwarding, share the topology and screen shot of NAT and security policy rule settings with everyone in this discussion thread.

How to setup port forwarding to my internal RDP PC?

Best practice to configure port opening and forwarding

• LarsRas
    First Comment
    Answer ✓

Hi

It finally showed up to be all devices that passed my switch Zyxel GS 1920-24. It was kind of working, but had to be turned off/on to get failing devices to work again. Never seen that before.

Security Highlight