Suitable AP for production and warehouse facilities

OWB
OWB Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN

Hi,

Sorry if question is posted in wrong place.

We are about to establish WiFi coverage in our production (injection molding) and warehouse facilities.

I expected to use WAC6502D-E because it seems to have the strongest coverage according to ZyXEL Wireless Optimizer. But that AP seems to have been discontinued. I can't find another with external antennas, and that might not be that important in connection with modern "smart antenna design", but I'm a little in doubt if I then should choose WAC6303D-S?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Ole.

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @OWB ,

Welcome to ZYXEL WLAN forum.

We will keep enhance the functions and fix the issue that the customer of WAC6502D-E for more 2-3 years even though it has been EOL. Please do not worry that.

We can connect external antenna on WAC6502D-E to enlarge the wifi coverage and strong the wifi signal. You can adjust the antenna direction according to your requirement. With Zyxel Wireless Optimizer, the antenna of WAC6502D-E will get its perfect direction.

WAC6303D-S is with ZYXEL smart antenna which scans for clients and any interference,and then changes antenna patterns on the packet basis to achieve the best performance. If you want to choose WAVE2 APs, WAC6303D-S will be the best choice.

By the way, we have a good news that is both of these two devices can connect to Nebula which is more flexible for you to manage the APs.

Hope this information can answer your question. If you have more doubts, welcome to reply here.

Joslyn

• OWB
    OWB Posts: 24  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector

Thanks a lot @livealive and @Zyxel_Joslyn for taking the time to answer. :-)