How to configure Log & Report

Options
zappu
zappu Posts: 27  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
edited April 2021 in Security

Hello guys,

I have an issue with configuring Log & Report, I mean when I go to Configuration->Log & Report->Log Settings and I introduce all the details for "E-mail Server 1" and then I go to the "Email Daily Report" to Send a Report Now and then to Monitor->Log to check if the mail was sent, I received this error: "msmtp: TLS certificate verification failed: unable to get local issuer certificate". I tried to go to Monitor->Log and click on Email Log Now and I received this error: "Sending event/alert log to mail server has failed."

Can Someone please tell me what to do, because to me is weird 100% ?

I also attached few screenshots with how I have configure this Log Settings.

Active Log and Alert

Active Log and Alert (AP)

Log Consolidation

I attached also how I configure Email Daily Report

If you need more info, please let me know.

All Replies

• zappu
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security
    Options

I forgot to mention, that I turned on this option with "Less secure app access" from GMail, but nothing:

• zappu
    Options

No one can help me with my issue ? Thank you

• imaohw
    imaohw Posts: 124  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

@zappu - uncheck the "Authenticate Server" option.

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @imaohw

Thank you for your sharing.

Hi @zappu

You can disabled the option “Authenticate Server” and try again.

Here is the related setting of smtp for your reference.

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/1607/daily-log-report-msmtp-tls-certitifcate-verification-failed

• zappu
    Options

@imaohw I did what you wrote and still the same error it showed.

• zappu
    Options

Hi @Zyxel_Jerry

I did you said there and also I followed the steps from that link, because by that link I did this post and also, those screenshots.

Do you have any other idea what I have to modify ?

Thank you

Regards,

Alex

• Zyxel_Jerry
    Zyxel_Jerry Posts: 1,106  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @zappu

Here is the example setting of smtp

Go to CONFIGURATION > System > Notification > Mail Server to setup setting for Mail Server.

Go to CONFIGURATION > Log & Report > Email Daily Report to Enable Email Daily Report

Go to CONFIGURATION > Log & Report > Log Setting > double click on the System Log to edit it.

After setup all the setting, Go to CONFIGURATION > Log & Report > Email Daily Report click send report now to check.

And you’ll receive the report from the device.

If the issue is still occured, can you send your configuration to us for check further?.

• zappu
    Options

@Zyxel_Jerry .

Now I received this message: "Failed to connect to mail server smtp.gmail.com.", after I put that port.

Please let me know what I put wrong ?

Thank you

Alex

• zappu
    Options

@Zyxel_Jerry

I found where it was the issue and now it works.

Thank you

Alex

• RadarPlus
    Options

Alex... could you post the fix? Having the same issue. Thanks!

Security Highlight