Problem with NXC 2500, NWA5123-AC and WAC6503D-S

Boyata
Boyata Posts: 3
First Comment
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello!

I have the following problem with my devices. I have NXC 2500 with 10 licenses for AP. 8 of the AP are model NWA5123-AC and the last two are WAC6503D-S. Every day no matter of how many stations are connected to the AP I have UpLink down message of every one of the AP in the log file of the controller. This happens to every AP in different moment and when this happens it drops all of the stations connected to the AP.

I have already tried with firmware upgrade - no progress.

All of the devices are connected to Cisco 3850 which is also the DHCP server for the SSID.

After the uplink goes to down state it connects again automatically in ~ 10 to 15 seconds and all of the stations reconnect automatically.

The problem persists in every AP and happens frequently at least two times per day.

Could you give me an advise what to do?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Would you check the AP license status in  CONFIGURATION> Licensing> Registration> Service and screenshot the information for us?
    If it shows 10 AP license after you check in above page, please help to provide below information for us to check detail logs.
    1. Please help to check if there's any abnormal logs in the switch?
    2. Please help to collect the diagnostic on NXC2500 and provide it to us.
    Thanks.
  • Boyata
    First Comment
    I have send you a PM with the details of our licenses and the logs from the sw and nxc2500
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Boyata ,
    Thanks for your update. We checked the log you provided on the NXC2500 and found that the AP's Uplink is only 100M/Full. Because the uplink of the NWA5123-AC and the WAC6503D-S is up to 1000M/Full,  we would like to know about the physical cable length and  would you use a short cable with cat5e or upper to check if it's caused by the cable length?
    If it's not the cable issue, please provide us the diagnostic information. You can collect it in MAINTENANCE> Diagnostics> Diagnostics.
    Thanks.
  • Boyata
    First Comment
    We are using cat6 cables and the distance between the AP and the sw is no more than 20-30 meters. I will send you the Diagnostic information via pm.