WAC6103D-I daily unintended rebooting

USG_User
USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
We own a single AP of type WAC6103D-I which is connected and managed by our USG110. The USG is running under FW 4.38 (AAPH.0) while the USG AP Management is showing the runtime firmware: V5.40 Patch 2-6.10 Patch 2.
Additionally the list of local installed FWs is showing following AP FWs:
NWA5123-AC:                    local / v5.40 (AAZY.2)
NWA5123-AC-HD:              local / v5.40 (AAZY.2)

At the moment we experience unintended reboots of the AP at least once per day, sometime it happens 2 or 3 times a day. It takes less than 1 minute for completing, but we are always receiving alert logs from the USG. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @USG_User

The local AP firmwares are included in the USG v4.38. After upgrading this firmware, these two AP firmwares will also be saved in the USG.

About the WAC6103D-I rebooting issue, could you help to collect the AP diagnostic and provide it to me? We will analyze the logs and try to find the root cause.

Joslyn 
  • USG_User
    Hi Joslyn,
    Thanks for your reply. I've captured some diagnostic AP data and try to send it by private message.
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @USG_User

I got the diagnostic and found there are some disk logs. It is under analyzing now.
    Once there is any progress, I will update it here.

Joslyn
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @USG_User

We have fixed the issue and released an AP date firmware. Please download it from the could firmware server. Here are the steps.
    Please use SSH or console to login to the USG110.
    1. Apply the CLI
        Router> configure terminal
        Router(config)# capwap firmware-update source 5.40(.2)-DF-2020-03-31
    Go to CONFIGURATION > Wireless > AP Management > Firmware, and click “Check”. After the available firmware updated, please click “Apply”. The downlading process will be started.

3. After finishing the downloading, go to MONITOR > Wireless > AP Information > AP List. Choose the AP and click the “Upgrade FW” button. The AP will start to upgrade the firmware. 

Joslyn

• USG_User
    Hi Joslyn,
    Many thanks for it. I've carried out the necessary steps as described above. The download started as expected but then the USG said "AP firmware download failed. Reason: Device storage is not enough. File name: wac6100"

But there should be enough memory available:

• USG_User
    edited August 2020
    Now, 10 minutes later it seems the USG has autohealed by itself.

Do I have to reset the download path for AP firmware downloads back to standard?

Further we intend to upgrade the USG to new FW 4.39 soon. Will it keep the new AP firmware or do we have to make the same steps again?
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Hi @USG_User

To not occupy the memory too much, we only save two AP firmwares on the USG. Once it needs to download the firmware from the cloud, it will delete the AP firmware version which is not managed by the USG and download the online AP firmware first.
    You do not need to change the AP firmware download path because it will fall back to official link after rebooting the USG. Just do NOT click the check and apply when finishing upgrading the USG firmware. The AP firmware will be kept. 
    However, if you see the AP firmware is wrong, you can follow the steps to download the AP firmware again.

Joslyn
  • USG_User
    edited October 2020
    Hi Joslyn,

In the meantime we've updated our USG110 to firmware v4.39(AAPH.0) without checking/applying for new AP firmwares as recommended
    Nevertheless since a few days after updating the USG, the AP (WAC6103D-I) is being rebooted at least once every day.
    At the moment the USG is showing the following AP FW screen where now the AP FW v5.40(AAXH.2) is shown instead of v5.40(AAXH.2)-DF-2020-03-31

Should I try to download/install the other FW of 2020-03-31 as recommended in your earlier post again? Or should I provide you with diagnostic data collection from the AP?

Cheers
    Joerg
  • USG_User
    Hi Joslyn,
    Thanks for your reply. I've done it as recommended and set the update policy from Auto to Manual. DF FW is installed again. The AP rebooted automatically. Now we will see ...

Cheers
    Joerg