Simultaneous Login

MFSLEITE
MFSLEITE Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

You can't login because the user already login from another IP.
Please close the browser before next login.
Goodbye!

Hello,
Does anyone know where you can turn off this check?
This occurs on a GS-2210-48HP Switch ...
Thank you.

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @MFSLEITE,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

In our current design, the switch will prevent different IP address but the same login account to access the switch because of security concern.

You need to logout first before you use another IP address but the same account to login.

May you talk about your concern that why you need to turn it off? 
    Maybe you can share your procedure that can help us know more detail information to enhance this feature.

Thanks. 

Jason
  • JasonTsai
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @MFSLEITE,

Do you have other concerns that you need to turn off this check?

Because of security concerns, the switch can't turn this check off in current design.
    If you really need multiple people to login, I recommend you that you may add a new account at privilege 14 (It's privilege is same as Admin account) for accessing the switch.
    You may configure it at "Management -> Access Control -> Logins".

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • MFSLEITE
    MFSLEITE Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hi Jason,
    Sorry for the delay in returning. I work with Corporate events and is organizing one of them for my city ...
    My question about this part of the security was precisely because of the type of work I do ... Sometimes I have to change switch ports but I can be connected to the cable, other times I'm connected to the wifi and I'm not always on the same computer ... Sometimes through the Notebook and others through my desktop.
    As my work is very dynamic, sometimes I find this situation blocking access to only one IP.
    Thank you.
  • JasonTsai
    Hi @MFSLEITE,

You may try to configure the time of HTTP session timeout(Default: 3 min) to 1 min in Service Access Control configuration page.(Maintenance -> Access Control -> Service Access Control)
    It will shorter the auto logout time of your account.

If you really need to access the switch at the same time, I still recommend you create a new account like "admin1"(easy to remember) for your another computer.

Hope it helps.
    Jason