GS 1510-24 - no connect to webinterface

PeterS
PeterS Posts: 2  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi there,

Seems to be easy, but isn't. Here's what I did:

* Resetted the switch
It's visible with the default IP address 192.168.1.1 and a port scan tells me port 80 is open.

Any access with a browser (tried different ones) fails, looks like browser is trying for-ever and no reply.  Bummer.

The switch is working, but I can't access the admin panel.

What to do?

Greetings,

Peter

Comments

• JasonTsai
    JasonTsai Posts: 104  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary ZCNE Nebula Level 1 Certification - 2019 Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @PeterS ,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Since GS1510-24 is End of Life already, I hope the following steps can help you to identify the problem:
    1. You may create an isolated network environment that only PC connect to the switch directly.
    2. Configure 192.168.1.X for your PC and ping to the switch IP and also use HTTP(port 80) /HTTPS(port 443) /Telnet(port 23) to access the switch.

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • PeterS
    PeterS Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hi Jason,
    Thank you. I tried this already and failed. Looks like I need a new one, a port is failing, too.

Greetings,

Peter

• Zyxel_Albert
    Zyxel_Albert Posts: 36  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @PeterS,

This product has been dis-continued since 2012 so it’s good that you would consider to replace the units on hand.

If you are looking for a new one to replace GS1510-24, there’s GS1900 or GS1920 series with more intelligent and secure features with ease of management.

In addition, these switches supports freeware ZON utility which help administrators to easily manage device IP assignment, password setting, reboot device, upgrade firmware etc. through user friendly interface without the hassle to memorize the management IP address

Feel free to drop by the forum if you have any questions on selecting the right product for you.

Thank you very much for the long-term supporting to our product. We hope we can keep provide you our best service.

Sincerely