[083103]Initial Hardware Feedback

DrPepper
DrPepper Posts: 35  Freshman Member
edited September 2017 in Archive 2017-2020
(I'm going to focus on things I don't like or don't understand.  No need to talk about what I like.)

- Why can't I wall mount this?  It seems like it would have been easy to add two holes on the bottom of the unit for wall mounting without distracting or interfereing with desktop mount.  
- The silver printing under the ports is really hard to see in many lighting scenerios.  I had to wiggle it back and forth before I could tell which port was WAN vs LAN.  Even color coded ports would help.
- The power cord is really short.  In the US most power outlets are 12" or so from the ground.  This won't reach many shelves or other high places where someone would normally put a router.  Even a low shelf, if not directly above the power outlet is going to have problems.

Comments

• Einstein
    Einstein Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    -Why can't I wall mount this?
    Due to Antenna design, the desktop you will get better performance.

- The silver printing under the ports is really hard to see 
    you can see QSG to check which is WAN port.

- The power cord is really short.
    The final power adapter of cable length is 1.8m. 
  • DrPepper
    DrPepper Posts: 35  Freshman Member
    >Due to Antenna design, the desktop you will get better performance.

I get that, but why not give me the option?  I don't really have a proper shelf near my modem and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I'd trade off a little range/performance for the ability to mount it where I mount every other router I've had.  I'm sure I'm not the only one.

>you can see QSG to check which is WAN port.

That's not very user friendly.  I thought with Multy we were focusing on user experience and ease of use?  A higher contrast font or color coded port is an easy to implement fix that improves ease of use.
  • Zyxel_Support
    Zyxel_Support Posts: 436  Zyxel Employee
    Thanks for your suggestion. We will evaluate it in next generation Multy.