USG60W reboot now and then after upgrade to 4.30

Comments

• Ncarbon
    Ncarbon Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Has this 4.30 issue been fixed.  my USG60W reboots randomly as well.  Also the wlan starts dropping 5.0 clients first then 2.4 clients.  Most notable entries in the log  dhcpd  - too many interface parameters
  • ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Ncarbon said:
    Has this 4.30 issue been fixed.  my USG60W reboots randomly as well.  Also the wlan starts dropping 5.0 clients first then 2.4 clients.  Most notable entries in the log  dhcpd  - too many interface parameters

Hi Ncarbon,
    i've also a 60W in place and running since 3 years (fully UTM llicenced).
    With 4.30 i've other "side effects" but not the randomly reboot as described in this thread.
    I had a side effect, that one of the vLANs produce heavy load on the USG outside the office time, where the devices are not connected (see screenshot) at ah bad day.

After the vLAN was decommisioned and a new vLAN was configured, the average load will be displayed after the action as follows.

I have no idea why it could only be solved that way.

Regards
    Christian
  • Johan
    Johan Posts: 26  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    The cause of the issue have been found and a fix have been coded, however not yet released for public.

Testing is still being performed, the fix should be in the next release/patch of firmware. I have estimate of release date. For now the recommendation if you experience issues with 4.30 is downgrading.
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    @Ncarbon
    We’ve noticed this issue and we’re currently working on it. I would like to know that have you enabled the UTM function (e.g. anti-virus, content filter, anti-span and so on)?
    Charlie
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @ChristianG
    I want to confirm what is the configuration on Vlan cause this case occur?
    Does it happen every time?
    Please private message the issue configuration to me for checking.
    Charlie
  • Jigen
    Jigen Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Charlie
    I have just bought a ZYXEL USG60W and I have updated to the latest V4.30(AAKZ.0).
    My firewall reboot 2/4x day and yes, I confirm I got UTM function enabled (IDP, Content filter & Antivirus), now I am trying to disable them and see if it happens again.

Thanks for your feedback - it causes a lot of issue at the company I am working for.
  • ChrisGer
    ChrisGer Posts: 205  Ally Member
    @ChristianG
    I want to confirm what is the configuration on Vlan cause this case occur?
    Does it happen every time?
    Please private message the issue configuration to me for checking.
    Charlie
    It was happend by updateing from 4.25-p1 to 4.30 the load was up to 90% after disconnecting the external CAPWAP AP it was one of the VLANs that was member of the CAPWAP Group. After decommisioning the VLAN - the load was gone :) and by configuration a new VLAN with a other Segment, changeing the Zone Label in the Security-Policies it works fine and without heavy load in the CAPWAP module by showing up the load at the SSH prompt.

Regards and a happy new Year
    Christian
  • Jigen
    Jigen Posts: 13  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    @Zyxel_Charlie
    I want to confirm that disabling the UTM features today I have not faced any single reboot of the USG60W.

Please anyone who has the same issue confirm,
    Regards!
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    @Jigen
    I will private message the firmware for you to monitor and check this issue.
    Charlie

• edgi
    edgi Posts: 1  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    Hello,
    I have the same problem on my usg 110. When anti spam is enabled firewall is reboot. My firmware 4.30 (AAPH.0). Logs are empty...
    Please tell me when you upgrade soft...  Previous v. 4.25 was ok.

Security Highlight