Adding an address to a group

jonatan
jonatan Posts: 143  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi have a device of ZyXEL Zywall 310 firmware 430AAAB0ITS-WK10-r82493. Added a group of addresses that is used in Policy Routing. If you try to add host addresses to this group, you receive an error.

If the address group is not used anywhere else, then the host addresses are added to it.

Comments

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,656  Guru Member

I have V4.30(AAAA.0)ITS-2018-01-09-180100142D and don't have this issue so maybe it be fixed next release?  

• Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @jonatan
    I tested it locally with firmware WK10 and the issue does not happen.
    If possible, please private message issue configuration to me for checking and explain the steps to cause this issue accurately.
    Charlie
  • warwickt
    warwickt Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi Jonatan, you may enable DEBUG in the syslog logs in the USG appliance's logging . We log these to external syslog servers (Unix, MacOS or Linux) . This is straightforward to configure.

If you have a normally bust USG device, these logs are quickly wrapped around and purges in the USG itself. Thus external logging is very handy to have.

Within these DEBUG logs you should be able to gather ore information for the 43040 error...

See of these messages can be quite verbose.

I'd be curious what this error resolution is. Please post for others to see.

Warwick
    Hong Kong 
  • jonatan
    jonatan Posts: 143  Ally Member
    Hello, this error has appeared more.I suspect its cause was an error in the configuration of my device (in the crypto map vpn settings) when preloading the gateway constantly refused on last good configuration partially as I think applying the configuration. The configuration was corrected, no more problems were observed.

Security Highlight