How can I use the SFP Ports on a GS1900-24?

mbc0
mbc0 Posts: 11  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi, 

I have a GS1900-24 and am utilizing the RJ45 ports as normal but I also have a 4 port Mikrotik 10gbe switch and pass one of those ports into the GS1900-24 switch but there is no LED showing connection and also shows no connection on the monitor.  I have tried 4 different cables, copper & fibre but nothing shows as connected?  is there something I cannot find that needs to be enabled or am I understanding it wrong?

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Derrick
    Zyxel_Derrick Posts: 126  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi mbc0

You can try to fix the speed and duplex to 1G for both ports then I think it can link up.
    Friendly remind that this forum is for home device, for GS1900 series, you can ask question in our biz forum.
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/categories/switch
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Zyxel_Derrick

• mbc0
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply, I mis-understood, I thought home forum was for home users not for home devices, sorry I just bought one of these for my home.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Derrick
    Zyxel_Derrick Posts: 126  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Hi mbc0

You can try to fix the speed and duplex to 1G for both ports then I think it can link up.
    Friendly remind that this forum is for home device, for GS1900 series, you can ask question in our biz forum.
    https://businessforum.zyxel.com/categories/switch
    Thanks

Best regards,
    Zyxel_Derrick

• mbc0
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for your reply, I mis-understood, I thought home forum was for home users not for home devices, sorry I just bought one of these for my home.