GS1910-24HP Factory Reset Through Console

neverender
neverender Posts: 1
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hi everyone,

Just bought a second hand GS1910-24HP switch and am trying to factory reset it through the console port as described in the manual. I've tried a generic USB to RS232 cable link this:

and nothing on the terminal appears. I then tried a USB to TTL adapter like this:

Connecting the RXD TXD and ground lines and I get some garbled mess in the terminal at the baud rate of 115200. The device seems to work, the sys light remains stable green and the alarm light is off. I have also connected a computer and the corresponding activity light blinks. 

I just want to be able to reset this thing to be able to access the web interface. Is there a special rs232 cable I need to use? The manual isn't very helpful about this. Anyone have any other ideas/ experience with this?

Thanks for any help!

#Biz_Switch_Feb_2019

Comments

• Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2019
    Hi @neverender

Based on the description, you should simply use the USB to RS232 cable to connect console of the switch.

Have you tried another cable on the switch? Moreover, have you tried to use the console cable on another switch(device)? 
    Is your OS Win10? We've been reported certain cases with Win10 driver compatibility issue on the (USB to RS232) console cable. You can try different driver to see if it works.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2y07mv78i4m5db/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v110.exe

Hope it helps.
    Zyxel_Lucious
  • Jerem54
    Jerem54 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hello all,

I have exactly the same problem. I can't connect to the Web GUI and when I use the reset button, I can't ping the 192.168.1.1. So I would try with a console Cable.
    But when I want to connect on the swith with the console cable with PuTTy, I have a black screen and nothing else.
    PuTTy are correctly set like in the doc : 115200 bps ; No parity, 8 data bits; 1 stop bit ; No flow control.

Can you help me ?
  • Zyxel小編 Lucious
    Zyxel小編 Lucious Posts: 278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Jerem54

You may try with another console cable and also update the driver for USB to RS232 console cable as I mentioned above.

Zyxel_Lucious
  • Jerem54
    Jerem54 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    For me, it's not the same console cable. I'll try with other cable and other device and i'll give you a feedback