Fans GS1900-24HP / Ventilateurs GS1900-24HP

Philippe
Philippe Posts: 2
First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch
Bonjour,
Je viens d’acheter un switch GS1900-24HP et je suis surpris par le bruit. Pouvez-vous me dire si c’est normal que les ventilateurs tournent à plein régime dès la mise sous tension ? La vitesse n’est elle pas régulée en fonction de la température ?
D’avance merci pour la réponse.
Philippe

Hello, I have just bought a switch GS1900-24HP and I am surprised by the noise. Can you tell me if it is normal that ventilators turn at full speed from the switched on? The speed she is not not regulated according to the temperature?
Beforehand thank you for the answer.
Philippe

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Philippe
    Philippe Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Bonjour,
    Merci pour la réponse. Je vais donc remplacer ces ventilateurs, en tout cas le plus petit (20x20x15), par des plus silencieux car celui-ci est vraiment trop bruyant.
    Philippe

Hello,
    Thank you for the answer. I am thus going to replace these ventilators, in any case the smallest (20x20x15), by more silent because this one is really too noisy.
    Philippe
  • Zyxel_Ryan
    Zyxel_Ryan Posts: 72  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Philippe

I would like to remind you that if you change fan by yourself, there might be warranty concern.
    Therefore, we do not recommend you to do that.

Ryan

• Hi
    I have the same WAF problem of noise, I understand the warranty concern, but I get only 2 cases.
    First I throw my GS1900-24hp in the bin
    OR I try to reduce the noise. I saw somewhere in an other forum a guy who replaced the fans with NOCTUA NF-A4x20 FLX, but it seems that the wiring in not the same ( I attached the pin configuration).
    Someone konws if i modify the pin connection according to existing Delta electronics AFB0412LB, that will be OK?
    Thank's

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @casim2b ,

If you feel noise about the fan of GS1900-24HP, we recommend you to choose GS1920v2 series which GS1920-8HPv2/24v2 have fanless design and GS1920-24HPv2/48v2/48HPv2 have smart fan.

You may refer to the following introduction link:
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/8-24-48-port-GbE-Smart-Managed-Switch-GS1920-Series/introduction

Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • TomorrowOcean
    TomorrowOcean Posts: 59  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    I think it should just like DIY desktop PC, directly check the pin color of the old fan in the Switch and find a same new one to connect.
    If you don't care about the warranty, you may have a try and share us the result. :+1:  
  • Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @casim2b ,

Here is the comparison between GS1900 and GS1920v2 for your to reference:
    Acoustic noise(dBA) value: Lesser is better.
    GS1900-24HP: 48.7 dBA

GS1900 Series datasheet

GS1920-24HPv2: 27.2 dBA  🏆

GS1920v2 series datasheet

Hope it helps.
    Jason
  • casim2b said:
    Hi
    I have the same WAF problem of noise, I understand the warranty concern, but I get only 2 cases.
    First I throw my GS1900-24hp in the bin
    OR I try to reduce the noise. I saw somewhere in an other forum a guy who replaced the fans with NOCTUA NF-A4x20 FLX, but it seems that the wiring in not the same ( I attached the pin configuration).
    Someone konws if i modify the pin connection according to existing Delta electronics AFB0412LB, that will be OK?
    Thank's

I am replacing my fans with notua fans. 
    You have to change the wiring.
    The middle wire is a fan block sensor.
    Does anyone know a work around so it does not give a alarm when using different type of fans?
  • TomorrowOcean
    TomorrowOcean Posts: 59  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    What and where the alarm you see?(Curious~)
  • Mik_1980
    Mik_1980 Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited March 2021
    The red led on the front will lid up.
    It thinks the fans has stopped.
    Also in the status screen it will say error because the middle wire is not used. Only the + and -.

to be clear i have the 1920-24HP v1.