ZyWALL IPSec VPN Client Connection Panel not visible (Windows 10 laptops, dual monitors)

Erha
Erha Posts: 4
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in Security Ideas
Hello,

We are connecting to our USG40 using ZyWALL IPSec VPN Clients, and some of us have a rather tricky problem:
The Connection Panel is not visible, and a reinstallation don't solve it.

The trigger, I think, is that it disappears (out of view) when disconnecting and reconnecting extra monitor(s) to the laptop.

The PROBLEM, however, is the following: When having the Connection Panel open, there is no icon in the Windows Task bar. Thus, it is not possible to use the keyboard to move the Connection Panel to a visible spot. It also does not show when rotating open programs with Alt+tab.

My users have to open the tunnel going through the Configuration Panel's more complicated procedure instead. This is not optional, as a lot of my users are much better at their profession than handling surprising computer problems, so to speak...

Yes, it is probably a temporary solution to dis- and then re-connect the second (or third) monitor, but I can't ask them to do so every time they have used their laptops in other locations.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution to this?
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Erha,

Please share some information with us for better understanding;

1- Can you please tell the Operation system that users facing this problem with?
    2- Do the users experience this problem use the latest version of ZyWALL IPSec VPN Client software?
    3- Do you mean when users connect to second monitor, and rotate ZyWALL IPSec Client software to second monitor's workspace, if they plug out to second monitor's VGA cable they can't access to the ZyWALL IPSec VPN Client software?
    4- Can you please specify how can I reproduce this symptom in my own environment?
    5- Can you please check Start > Settings > Taskbar > Notification Area > Select which icons appear on the taskbar > ZyWALL IPSec VPN Client is on?

Best regards.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Which version of VPN Client is installed?
  • Erha
    edited March 2021
    @Zyxel_Can and @mMontana

Hi guys,

Thanks for responding!

Client Version @mMontana
    As the version is not listed when looking at Add/Remove Programs, I had to look at the Help->About in the Configuration Panel.
    I hope the following is what you ask for:
    • vpnconf.exe 3.8.204.61.32
    • TgblkeNG.exe 6.62.0.2
    • ComLib.dll 5.2.0.1
    • VpnToken.dll 3.1.2.1
    • TgbLogonUI.exe 3.8.204.61.32
    • SSLeay32.dll 1.1.0d
    • Pcf2Tgb.exe
    • Ovpn2Tgb.exe
    • TgbStarter.exe 4.6.1.1
    • VpnCfg.dll 4.1.2.2
    • TgbLibeay32.dll 1.1.0d
    • TgbStarterLang.dll 1.0.0.3
    • TgbEvtLogs.dll 1.0.0.2
    • TgbCredProv.dll 6.62.001
    • TGBMPEnum.sys 2.03.02.0001 built by WinDKK
    • TGBVPNVirtM.sys 2.08.04.0003 built by: WinDDK
    The list from @Zyxel_Can
    1. Windows 10 Pro
    2. See version above
    3. No. I mean that it somehow ends outside the viewport for users who sometimes work with only the laptop monitor, and sometimes work with extra attached monitors.
    4. See point 3. Try to also experiment with the scaling of text and stuff like that. The real issue here though, isn't to understand how to hide the Connection Panel, but to figure out how to move the Connection Panel window without using the mouse.
    5. Ah, I think I might have been unclear here. I am not talking about the icons in the system tray! The IPSec client icon is visible there! However:
    • If i rightclick on this icon and then leftclick on Configuration Panel, the Config panel will be visible. On the task bar (not only in the icon tray), the IPSec program icon will show.
    • If i rightclick on this icon and then leftclick on Connection Panel, the Connection panel will not show. Neither will there be any icon on the task bar!

Look at this image of the Configuration Panel. As you can see, when this window is open, you can also see the app icon in the task bar. "In case of emergency", you can use this icon to move the window.

Now, take a look at the Connection Panel:

There is no icon there! If the connection panel is outside the view-port, there is no easy way to get it back into the view-port. How would you guys fix this?
    (Edit: Just to be clear: This photo is for illustration only. This is from my own computer, were I can actually see the Connection Panel...)

Thanks! :)

• Erha
    Is "bumping" allowed here?
  • Zyxel_Can
    Zyxel_Can Posts: 342  Zyxel Employee
    Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited March 2021

Hi @Erha,

For the issues you mentioned, we have plan for update IPSec VPN Client software in the Q2 of 2021.

Please kindly wait for official release of new IPSec VPN Client software.

For now, I will put your suggestion into Ideas category for future development evaluation.

Best regards.