USG210 Content Filter throughput performance

Amara
Amara Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
We have USG210. We are upgrading our Internet link from 300Mbps to 512Mbps. Previously we were using USG200.

What is the USG210 throughput performance for Content Filter only?
The performance information on the website is only for Antivirus and IDP which we are not using currently.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Amara
    Because we don't know what is your performance testing condition? how many CF category you apply. I just build a quick lab performance testing about this scenario with applying build-in CF profile “Office”, the throughput is around 54X/Mbps.
    It should be okay in your site.
  • Amara
    First Comment
    My boss may also upgrade from 300Mbps to 1Gbps Internet Access to the same ISP or two 512Mbps to 2 different ISPs. Which USG model will you recommend for us to upgrade? Can you do a quick lab performance testing using the same scenario above with built-in CF profile "Office" for your recommended model? 
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Amara,
    I just did the quick lab testing, run the performance test with 2 pairs(Lan 1 to Wan1, Lan 2 to Wan2) by http.
    The peak value is around 750~800Mbps, however, the average is around 550~600Mbps. Please note that, the result may be affected due to the testing PC OS environment.
    As for device evaluating, I would suggest to contact our local representative to help you further.

• Amara
    First Comment
    a) Performance test with 2 pairs(Lan 1 to Wan1, Lan 2 to Wan2) by http.
    b) built-in CF profile "Office"
    c) Model USG210
    d) The peak value is around 750~800Mbps, however, the average is around 550~600Mbps
    e) May I know the peak value 750-800Mbps is the total performance of 2 pairs or 1 pair with the performance test with 2 pairs running concurrently?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Amara,
    Yes, It is total performance of 2 pairs running concurrently.
  • Amara
    First Comment
    a) Performance test with 2 pairs(Lan 1 to Wan1, Lan 2 to Wan2) by http.
    b) built-in CF profile "Office" + NAT + Firewall
    Which model will you recommend for TOTAL AVERAGE performance of 2 PAIRS to be more than 1Gbps? There is no such information on Zyxel website on this and the local rep unable to provide this info as well.
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Amara,
    There are many factors need to take into account to evaluate a device, please feel free to contact our local representative to help you further.
  • Amara
    First Comment
    Local rep in Singapore said he does not have or is unable to provide any data / test results on content filter to justify my requirements. The only way is to do a live test in our live network but he said he only have zywall 110. So we don't know which model to use for our imminent upgrade of the 2 ISP links. Can you help to recommend which model and justify your recommendations?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @amara,
    We have contacted the local representative to assist you on the above issue. If you require any further assistance, our local representative will be delighted to assist you.

Security Highlight