SNMP Monitoring

jcostlow
jcostlow Posts: 2
Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Switch
We have sold and installed several GS1920-24HP, GS1920-48HP and GS1900-24HP switches to our clients. We are now wanting to setup SNMP monitoring and I got a Zabbix VM going at one customer. It doesn't have a Zyxel template and was having difficulties converting the MIB files.

Is there a good SNMP monitoring solution that will work with these switches? I don't want to replace with v2 as all are still working.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @jcostlow

Welcome to Zyxel Community.
    Sorry or the late responding due to tough resource recently.

If you would like to use Zabbix, you may visit Zabbix forum to find a standard template, that Zabbix forum user provided,  for switch, so you don't have to create OIDs one by one.

Here is another SNMP monitoring solution for you which is domotz, you may try on it.

Hope it helps,
    Adam
  • jcostlow
    jcostlow Posts: 2
    Friend Collector
    Hi @Nebula_Adam sorry for my delay in responding. I have been in contact with Paessler and Auvik and testing those. If we decide not to go with either I will give domotz a try. Auvik is pulling SNMP info and giving what I want. Below is screenshot showing one ports bandwidth usage and utilization. 

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @jcostlow

Thanks for your reply.
    We are glad that you find a SNMP monitoring tool that is fulfilled your requirement. 

Feel free to let us know if you have any question regarding the post.
    Adam