XGS1250-12 LACP support ?

Andmar
Andmar Posts: 10
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited August 2022 in Switch

Hello ! Is it possible to support LACP port aggregation for the XGS1250-12 model? I purchased this model hoping for port aggregation with Synology !!! Are looking forward to !!! Thank you

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Really appreciate your support in Zyxel products and bringing up this topic.
    LACP is more commonly seen and used in enterprise level products, whereas the XGS1250 supports “Static Link Aggregation” in general available and works with most NAS systems and network devices for the home environment. Typically, they have corresponding options to aggregate the ports with the static link aggregation protocol.

Chris
  • Zyxel_Chris
    Answer ✓
    I have create 2 VLANs in my local lab, and I didn't see the connection status drop to 1G.
    And because I notice there are 4 connection (4 IP) on your NAS, may I know why you plan to do so?
    I also draw the new scenario for you as the following screenshot, is it what you have expected?

Chris
  • Zyxel_Chris
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Update: We can configure the LAG in Link Aggregation page.
    XGS1250-12 provides 4 set of LAG interfaces and there are 3 types of algorithms (depends on source/destination MAC address)
    You can enable LAG 4 for example.

You will need to create the VLAN 2 then set PVID 2 and untag on port 10 and 11 also remove vlan 1 member.
    Please be aware your router is VLAN aware and have VLAN1 and VLAN2 interface with DHCP server on it.

Chris

All Replies