Switch off Ports by time on XGS1930

BerndBlana
BerndBlana Posts: 4
First Anniversary
edited August 2022 in Switch
Is it possible to switch off Ports for a time on a XGS1930 switch?

Regards Bernd

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @BerndBlana
    Can you share your scenario for me, why need to deactivate the port?

We can actually fulfill your request by create the time range profile with ACL.
    You can create the time range in first step.

Then apply it in classifier and set the port range as the source, for this instance is from port 3 to 10.

Go to the policy rule and select the classifier profile and choice "discard the packet"

Chris
  • Hello Chris,

we have 6 XGS1930-52HP switche, on one of them are 5 security cameras over POE connected. I couldn't switch off the cameras direct, the only way is pull out the POE cable. This is not possible. The cameras should be switched off during daytime. My thought is to switch-off the ports on the switch, so the cameras have no power during daytime.

Regards

Bernd

• Zyxel_Chris
    @BerndBlana

You can apply the time range profile on port as the following screenshot, edit the port and define when is disable and when is activate. :)

Chris
  • Thank's Chris, I will try it if I'm back on-site
    Regards Bernd
  • Hi Chris,

now I'm onsite, first I have put all cameras to ports 1 to 6, then I saw it seems my firmware is a newer one.
    I have configured 3 time periods. During 8:00 am to 5:00 pm the cameras should be switched of. I don't know what is the right config for that. I doesn't work in the right way. You can see in the screenshots the config.

Regards Bernd

• Zyxel_Chris
    @BerndBlana,
    According to your screenshot, the PoE has been disable so do you mean the camera still not off and the ether port LED is up?

Can you share to me what time did you test it and please ensure that the switch system time is correct at Basic Setting> General setup.

Last thing is you seems missed to select the time profile on 08:00 to 17:00, instead only select the other time profile according to your second screenshot, can you select them all and test again.
    Chris