GS-105S v2 Just bought it and it dont work

Options
ks88
ks88 Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Switch
GS-105S v2. just bought it, and connected it to computer, cant find ip to the switch configuration, no reset button. and cant even register the product becuase im missing the MAC adress.. and no info about how to set this up, plug and play clearly DONT WORK!!!

All Replies

• ks88
    ks88 Posts: 2
    Options
    trying to connect to 192.168.1.1 but cant find the switch, same with 192.168.0/1/2/3/4.1 nothing works. and its impossible to get hold of some support on this page... well on monday i will return this to the shop... completely waist of time and money this device
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,725  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited June 2021
    Options

The GS-105S v2 is unmanaged there is no interface to connect to you just plug and play.

• Zyxel_Jonas
    Zyxel_Jonas Posts: 313  Zyxel Employee
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hi @ks88

Welcome to Zyxel Community!
    Just like  @PeterUK mentioned, GS-105S v2 is an unmanaged switch, so it is a pure plug & play switch only, there is no interface to connect to the switch and no configuration effort. In brief, the switch only forward traffics. You may review the datasheet for reference.

For a quick test, you can connect two PCs in the same LAN, and use ping to verify if the problem is related to GS-105S.
    Ex. PCA: 192.168.1.10 PING PCB:192.168.1.20

To your needs, I'll recommend the following switch:
    Pure standalone:
    GS1200 series Web managed switch.

Hybrid switch:
    GS1920 v2 series Web managed switch
     1) Can be control and config from Nebula Cloud.
     2) Can be pure standalone.

Jonas,
    Jonas,
  • Magnus_1
    Magnus_1 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I guess I have the same issue as ks88

I can´t get any internet access over my GS-105S v2.
    I just get no IP konfiguration when Windows trys to solve the issue.

• Zyxel_Nami
    Zyxel_Nami Posts: 480  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hello @Magnus_1

As an unmanaged switch, the GS105S v2 doesn't have a management portal for configuring network settings. Its role is to simply forward packets, making it a plug-and-play device. 

To troubleshoot your issue, you should check your router/modem to ensure that it has assigned DHCP IP to the end devices. If not, please configure static IP for end devices that should be same subnet to the router/modem. 

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.  

Best Regards, 

Nami  

Zyxel Nami