USG110 - FW 4.63 AAPH.0 - changed release size of the bin file?

USG_User
USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
I've already downloaded subject firmware some days ago. Now I get a reminder to download it again. When comparing both bin files the first one has a size of 110,011,556 bytes, created on 11.05., while the file of today has a size of 110,011,558 bytes and was created on 10.06.
But it is still AAPH.0. Is it possible that Zyxel is correcting minor things directly without raising the AAPH level? Or is it a random display error by Windows?

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    +1.
    4.63 was already applied on 100% of firewalls i am managing, but it appeared again few days ago (17/06) into FTP site (at least, changelogs and some more).

Do devices need to be updated again?
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    We have enhanced the cloud sync mechanism. For better cloud synchronization, we suggest to update firmware again.
  • USG_User
    USG_User Posts: 369  Master Member
    Hi Cooldia,
    Thanks for your reply. But I don't think that's a good idea to subsequently change something within the FW without changing the release number. This is confusing people.
  • mMontana
    edited June 2021
    I Stand by @USG_User opinion. Zyxel several times used last digit for implement bugfix. Therefore  "AAPH.1" should be proper in this occasion.
    And with a proper announcement and bugfix disclose. I can understand that the FragAttack is making development and quality check teams work harder than usual, but the management should not be less diligent for publishing and detail updates.
  • Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    edited June 2021
    Thanks for your valuable feedback. 
    We will take that into consideration and discuss internally for future improvement.
  • mMontana
    Update:
    this "updated version", at least for my knowledge, it's available also for USG40, USG40W, USG60 and USG60W.

Security Highlight