Radius Authentication Calling-Station-ID attributes

Abasko
Abasko Posts: 5
edited August 2022 in Switch Ideas
Hi,

I purchased five Zyxel 1920-24HP switches to us with my other switches. For a long time we are using MAC Authentication to RADİUS. I want to install and setup Zyxel 1920-24HP to use MAC authentication but I got

RADIUS authentication request does not contain check attribute 'Calling-Station-Id' "
error.

How can I reolve this problem ?
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Feature request: Hope to add Called-Station-ID attribute to radius request packet of switch.

Comments

• Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Abasko,

Welcome to Zyxel Community!

Kindly inform you that when doing port authentication, our switch sends two attributes that are NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier(switch hostname). Therefore, you may configure NAS IPv4 address and NAS-Identifier for your Radius policy.

Feel free to let me know if there is any question.
    Adam
  • Abasko
    Abasko Posts: 5
    Hi Adam

Thanks for reply. This news bad for me. As I mentioned before, already I'm using MAC Authentication with my other switches. I think Caller-Station-ID attribute is a standart feature for switches.

Best Regards
  • Zyxel_Adam
    Zyxel_Adam Posts: 332  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    @Abasko,

Thanks for your reply.
    I will transfer this post to idea section since we don't have the attribute on switches.

Feature request: Hope to add Called-Station-ID attribute to radius request packet of switch.
    Adam