Zyxel Nebula on NWA1123AC V3 AP's

schjon
schjon Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
I'm new to the Nebula field. However, I've run Zyxel products for years and have always had great success with them.

Here's the issue I'm running into. It seems to me the NWA1123AC V3 AP comes with a Nebula license? Or at least I should be able to run on a basic license? However, I can't get the Nebula configuration to take over and actually run the AP's I've added. I'm familiar with the UTM on Zywall routers etc. How can I get my NWA1123 AP's to take a basic license without purchasing PRO or PLUS? Or is that the only way to run them under Nebula? I declined the option for a trial license when I created the setup because I don't want something that's always expiring on me and changing.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @schjon

Welcome to Zyxel community!

Although NWA1123ACv3 doesn’t come with bundled license but it is not required for managed by Nebula unless you’d like use the PRO-packed features such as Wireless Health.

AP default finds Nebula to run as cloud managed mode, it will show online and apply the settings if you’ve registered the AP on Nebula and added it into the site.

May I know the status of your AP on Nebula? The icon colored in green is online, red is offline. If your AP is not online on Nebula, then the configurations can’t be applied to AP.

Here is a first trouble-shooting step of AP offline for your reference.

https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/9899

If it still does not help, please collect Diagnostic for us by accessing AP GUI directly, 

provide Org/Site name and enable "Invite Zyxel support as administrator" at Help > Support request on Nebula.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella

• schjon
    schjon Posts: 2
    It seems the issue is I don't have the AP's attached to the site somehow. I created a new site and when I did so linked the AP's to that site in the process. I'm not sure how I added the devices...but no AP's have every showed up in the site I made. But when I created the new site they are showing up and the control is working.
  • Zyxel_Bella
    Zyxel_Bella Posts: 428  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @schjon

It’s good to hear your site working well now.

If you still have concern of previous site event, I can take a look for you.

Please enable the Zyxel support at Help > Support request > Invite Zyxel support as administrator, and provide the Org and Site name for us to check.

Thank you

Regards,

Bella