NWA1123-AC certificates (HTTPS)

Hamamuram
Hamamuram Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hi,

on an NWA1123-AC under Configuration->System->HTTPS one can import a certificate.

Which format and extension is needed for such a certificate?

I get: File extension not supported.
For a PKCS#12 certificate which can be imported on the Certificates tab when the extension is .pfx.I also tried .p12.

This is under Linux using Firefox 91.0.2 (64bit).
Chrome hangs forever on the connection already (tried to see if a different browser works better) on the login.

O.k. this reminds me to try this under Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Carsten

All Replies

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hello @Hamamuram Carsten,

Looking at section 15.2.3 of the user guide at https://download.zyxel.com/NWA1123-AC_HD/user_guide/NWA1123-AC%20HD_V6.20.pdf It says that PKCS#12 file import is supported.

It says that there must not be any spaces in the filename of the certificate file.

In section 15.1.3 it says that the certificate extension needs to have file name extension of .cer or .crt

I hope that this is helpful.

Kind regards,
         Tony

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @Hamamuram

To import the certificate used for HTTPS, please import the certificate with private keys (file extension should be .pfx or .p12) under "my certificate" page [Directory is :configuration > object > certificate > My certificates]

Please refer to Chapter 15.2.3 of our user guide for detail certification page introduction.
    https://download.zyxel.com/NWA1123-AC_HD/user_guide/NWA1123-AC HD_V6.20.pdf

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • Thanks for looking into this.

Unfortunately, the suggestions do not work. The error message does not change.
    It is a simple NWA1123-AC (no v2, v3, PRO, HD ...).

It seems to be already hard to find that manual. The NWA1123-AC manuals I found so far do not list the HTTPS tab under Configuration->System

Cheers,

Carsten

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 825  Guru Member
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Hamamuram Carsten,

Perhaps the manual at https://fccid.io/I88NWA1123AC/User-Manual/User-Manual-Part-1-pdf-2123422.pdf is the NWA1123-AC manual that you need.

Section 9.5 talks about the Certificates Screen.

From section 9.3 of the manual, perhaps the certificate needs to have a .pfx extension in order to be PFX PKCS#12 format, for the Personal Information Exchange Syntax Standard, ...

Kind regards,
         Tony
  • Zyxel_Richard
    @Hamamuram

Sorry for providing the wrong user manual to you.

Through my local test, there is actually an error when I import HTTPS certificate to NWA1123AC. Just like you test, no matter which file extension I use (cer/crt/pfx/p12), there's always system alert I got.

Since NWA1123AC is an End of Life product, there won't be any update/fixed patch for it, and the above issue is already further fixed in its successor model: NWA1123ACv3.

Sorry for causing your inconvenience.

Best Regards,
    Richard

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Since NWA1123AC is an End of Life product, there won't be any update/fixed patch for it, and the above issue is already further fixed in its successor model: NWA1123ACv3.

This sounds like "hey, we made it wrong, but we won't solve the problem because we are more focused into selling new devices..." With WAP3205v3 on the market (which is 802.11n, not AC like NWA1123AC) your chime sound so bad...

• Zyxel_Richard
    Hi @mMontana

Sorry for causing your inconvenience, for each issue found during the product lifetime cycle, we will provide the solution to our customers for these issues found.

Even the model is phased-out, there're still two years duration for afterwards maintenance. During the period, we still provide maintenance service and clarify issues reported by customer. For the urgent security issue, we'll also release the fixed patch for those models.

Since it has been 2 years after the NWA1123-AC phased out, the product then turns to the end-of-support status, sorry for causing your inconvenience again.

Best Regards,
    Richard