USG 310 logs

hello there, I ask this question for a friend who bought a USG 310 appliance et the contractor who is in charge to manage it said that there is no logs activated. Question is it true that by default there is no logs on a USG 310 ? the goal is to know if at a moment there was a network outage. Thanks for your help because we don't have password to manage that appliance.

Best Answers

• Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Does the USG310 play as a VPN server? VPN client? or just a router role between the VPN connection? And what kind of VPN is used in this scenario? To my device, the vpn connection negotiation log can be seen in monitor--> log (I'm using USG110 as the IPSec VPN server)
  • GrahamWebb
    GrahamWebb Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    They don't store the logs unless you configure a USB stick to store them on or setup a syslog server.

All Replies

• Blabababa
    What specific log you meant? Or all log can't be seen on your device? On my zyxel firewall I can see a lot of log on it by default (system log mainly)
  • hello Blabababa, my friend'sVPN appliance is connected to a provider's VPN where is hosted an application, at a moment (when that's the question) there was an outage between these appliances. I'd like to know if USG is by default logging this kind of issue/trouble. I ask this question because contractor who is managing my friend's VPN is saying this is not set and he can't find any log to prove that there was an outage and I am in doubt. Thanks for your light
  • Blabababa
    Answer ✓
    Does the USG310 play as a VPN server? VPN client? or just a router role between the VPN connection? And what kind of VPN is used in this scenario? To my device, the vpn connection negotiation log can be seen in monitor--> log (I'm using USG110 as the IPSec VPN server)
  • GrahamWebb
    GrahamWebb Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    They don't store the logs unless you configure a USB stick to store them on or setup a syslog server.
  • thanks for your replies, same thing I found out a Zyxel documentation saying that an USB key is mandatory and poor logs into the key. :)

Security Highlight