GSP1500-24P

Hun
Hun Posts: 18  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Switch
Hello All, 
I have 2 questions about this unit....

is it possible to see by port #, or MAC, what is the assigned IP? 
very often, if there is a pwr failure or the ISPs modem rebooting, the switch is not picking up the correct IP, and the connected devices won't go online.
Is there a fix for this in GUI or is it possible to schedule auto reboot?

I hope is not difficult to answer these questions. 
Thank you! 

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    @Hun
    Our switch is follow the standard, to renew its DHCP lease after half of the lease time.
    If your modem has power failure very often then the static IP is more suitable.

You mentioned that clients cannot surfing the internet during the issue, can you please try to set the static IP then ping to the each other if it can work then can prove the switch has forwarding the packet.
    Chris

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    @Hun
    Is the switch get the wrong IP or cannot get IP, also can you confirm if the connected devices can get IP or not?
    Also, can you try to configure the static IP for switch, may help.

Chris
  • Hun
    Hello Chris, the switch from the ISP's has a reserved IP but now I've set static in Zyxel GUI as well.
    So when it comes to connectivity loss, the modem reboots. At some point the mode gives out 169.xxxxxxx IP and it takes a while for switch to get the correct IP from the modem and until then no PC connectivity. So how often is the Zyxel trying to refresh the IP? Is it something that I can set in GUI?
    Thanx!
  • Zyxel_Chris
    @Hun
    When the device fail to get IP from DHCP server then will see the IP start with 169. xxx, is there any device that can connect to modem see if can get IP (cross check).
    If it cannot get IP then the root cause is on the modem.

Chris
  • Zyxel_Chris
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    @Hun
    Our switch is follow the standard, to renew its DHCP lease after half of the lease time.
    If your modem has power failure very often then the static IP is more suitable.

You mentioned that clients cannot surfing the internet during the issue, can you please try to set the static IP then ping to the each other if it can work then can prove the switch has forwarding the packet.
    Chris
  • Hun
    Luckily the modem does not go down often (its optical service) just sometimes a tripped breaker cause a pwr failure and about half of the time all connected devices failing to go online, until the switch is rebooted. Buy I guess just have to do this if there is an issue.
    Thank you Chris for your time.