Secuextender suddenly refuses connecting Mac os

Hi,
I installed secuextender on two macbooks running OS 10.9.5 (Mavericks). On one of them I have a Windows 7 partition with Secuextender. I used it for three weeks without issues. Then I bought the Licence. Two days later it stopped working on the two Macbook (but not on the Win partition). Our software guy can't manage to get it going (he spent 1.5hours trying to fix the problem). How do you think I could get it started again...? 
Many thanks,
H.

All Replies

• CHS
    CHS Posts: 177  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    If your Windows client can build SSL VPN tunnel without problem, then issue may come from MacOS platform or SecuExtender software.
    You can try to reinstall SecuExtender on your Mac first. If doesn't help, you may upgrade your OS version....since the latest version doens't support old version less than 10.14.
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/11958/release-note-secuextender-software-mac-osx-1-2-4-has-been-released#latest
  • CHS said:
    If your Windows client can build SSL VPN tunnel without problem, then issue may come from MacOS platform or SecuExtender software.
    You can try to reinstall SecuExtender on your Mac first. If doesn't help, you may upgrade your OS version....since the latest version doens't support old version less than 10.14.
    https://community.zyxel.com/en/discussion/11958/release-note-secuextender-software-mac-osx-1-2-4-has-been-released#latest
    Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I reinstalled quite a few times without results. I see what you mean by upgrading the os but I even installed secuextender 1.1.7 (compatible with Mavericks) but still cannot connect...
  • CHS
    You can make sure SSL VPN service still working on your Zywall first.
    If Windows Secuextender is unable to build SSL VPN tunnel too, then problem is come from Zywall.
  • CHS said:
    You can make sure SSL VPN service still working on your Zywall first.
    If Windows Secuextender is unable to build SSL VPN tunnel too, then problem is come from Zywall.
    Hi,
    Thanks. But I don’t understand what you mean by your first sentence...sorry. Can you please explain? (I remind you that the problem is only on Mac and not Windows).
    Thanks.
  • CHS
    You can make sure if SSL VPN works well on your Zywall. (test by Windows SecuExtender client)
    If your windows SecuExtender is unable to build SSL VPN tunnel to your Zywall too.
    Then issue is come from Zywall SSL VPN service but not Mac SecuExtender software.
  • CHS said:
    You can make sure if SSL VPN works well on your Zywall. (test by Windows SecuExtender client)
    If your windows SecuExtender is unable to build SSL VPN tunnel to your Zywall too.
    Then issue is come from Zywall SSL VPN service but not Mac SecuExtender software.
    Thanks. But how would I fix Zywall SSL VPN service....?
  • Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Huckfinn
    If you confirmed the reason is come from USG, you can try forum release.
    It has fixed some of service stability issues.

Security Highlight