2 Questions: Security Policy and running fsck manually.

anno_t34
anno_t34 Posts: 12  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector
edited November 2021 in Security
Booting my zywall usg 200, i got the message
/
dev/hda2: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; (i.e., without -a or -p options)

My questions:

1. How can i run fsck manually on zywall?

2. Is there a possibility to control the traffic initiated by the firewall itself? In the Security Policy, in the "From" field, there is no "ZyWALL" option at all. Why?

Many Thanks,
A.

All Replies

• Blabababa
    Blabababa Posts: 151  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    looks like the filesystem damaged for some reason, got power surge or power off device in accident ?, try restore your device.
  • anno_t34
    edited December 2021
    Thanks for the hint, but restoring the device was not the case. One of the question is "how to run fsck on zywall?", not why or what else. I just wonder, if at booting time, in debug mode, can I initiate the fsck process, for example.
  • Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 741  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @anno_t34
    (1)
    No, the fsck is not implemented on the system. As Balabababa's suggestion, please consider to backup your settings and restore the system, upload the configuration back and see if symptom still exists.
    (2)
    The system initiated traffics can't be blocked by security policy in current design or the network required services may be blocked incorrectly due to mis-configuration.
    Kevin
  • anno_t34
    (1) Roger that! The error message is gone.

(2) I take note of your comment.

Regards,
    A.

Security Highlight