VLAN GS120015

GaryCA
GaryCA Posts: 2
Friend Collector
edited August 2022 in Switch
I have a GS1200-5 connected to my router. I want to prevent port 2 on the switch from seeing any LAN traffic. Is this doable with a VLAN? I am running firmware V2.00(ABKM.1)C0.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @GaryCA,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    You can let port 2 become a non-member port to each VLAN to complete your purpose.
    Here is the example:

Hope it Helps.

Zyxel Melen

• Hi @GaryCA,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    You can let port 2 become a non-member port to each VLAN to complete your purpose.
    Here is the example:

Hope it Helps.

Thank you very kindly.

My goal is to prevent one single PC from having any access to the internal LAN. Only two ports of the switch will be used, one port will be connected to the PC that I want to isolate, and the other port will be connected to an Asus wireless router.

I want the isolated PC to have access to the internet through the router, but do not want the PC to have access to any part of my LAN, either wireless or wired. I do not want the isolated PC to even be able to connect to the router or switch interface. The isolated PC should see only the WAN, not the LAN.

Will the Asus respect the VLAN and remain blind to my LAN?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @GaryCA,

If your Asus wireless router support VLAN function (802.1q), you may add a VLAN to isolate your PC from any port of your LAN.

Zyxel Melen