Zyxel UGS60W and FreeBoxV6Server/player

Hello,
Here is the situation: My internet provider (Free) use 2 equipements: 1 server used for network connection and 1 player for TV purposes.

In a "normal" way of working these 2 equipement are connected together and communicate on basic VLAN and on VLAN 100.

Today, the only solution I found is to use a manageble switch to connect server, use untag vlan 1000 on the SW port and taged vlan 100, connect UGS WAN1 to another sw port untaged vlan1000 and add vlan 100 to the trunc port of the switch.

My question is how can I setup my UGS to have these 2 equipement comunicate through the UGS with the same VLAN 100?

Normal way of working:
inertnet----server----player

What I configured:
internet----server----SW U1000+T100->portU1000----UGS----mynetwork-\
                                                               |                                                           |
                                                               \>trunc 100+other vlans------------player

What I want to do:
internet----server----UGS----player

Accepted Solution

• Pewe31
    Pewe31 Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Friend Collector
    Answer ✓
    mMontana said:
    Pewe31 said:
    I want taged vlan 100 on wan1 port AND on LAN port.
    Therefore should not be a router but a switch...

Yes, I think you're right. The problem is that trafic out of VLAN 100 from server box is internet...
    Well, I used a switch to solve my issue.
    I f you have the same kind of issue:

I connected my FreeBox server on switch port with Untagged VLAN (I take 1000, but you can take whate ever vlan...) and tagged VLAN 100. In another port Untagged as previous one (1000 in my case), I connected the Zyxel wan1. VLAN 100 have been added to the switch trunk and created on LAN ports of the zyxel for propagation.
    The switch where my Player is connected have a vlan with internet access and vlan 100 in trunck. port is configured as tagged vlan 100 and Untagged vlan for internet access.

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    USG as par se "breaks" the MAC layer, on which rely software feature like VLAN.
    IMVHO your desired setup should not work.
  • Pewe31
    edited February 2022
    Probably. To be clear, I want taged vlan 100 on wan1 port AND on LAN port.

To clarify also: tagged mean server send vlan taged flow, port dont add vlan tag, untaged mean switch port add the vlan tag
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Pewe31 said:
  • Pewe31
    Answer ✓
    mMontana said:
    Pewe31 said:

Yes, I think you're right. The problem is that trafic out of VLAN 100 from server box is internet...
    Well, I used a switch to solve my issue.
    I f you have the same kind of issue:

I connected my FreeBox server on switch port with Untagged VLAN (I take 1000, but you can take whate ever vlan...) and tagged VLAN 100. In another port Untagged as previous one (1000 in my case), I connected the Zyxel wan1. VLAN 100 have been added to the switch trunk and created on LAN ports of the zyxel for propagation.
    The switch where my Player is connected have a vlan with internet access and vlan 100 in trunck. port is configured as tagged vlan 100 and Untagged vlan for internet access.
  • Ho and thank you very much for your time @mMontana!

Security Highlight