Assistance needed with WAC6552D-S

AMMCIT
AMMCIT Posts: 4
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Having an issue with a new WAC6552D-S. Just purchased it 2 weeks ago. Add it to the Nebula Cloud to use while waiting for the NXC2500. Once I received my new NXC2500 I removed the WAC6552D-S from the Nebula cloud then attempted to add it to NXC2500. This is where the issue started I am unable to access the web GUI. I tried the ZON Utility. The device is showing an SSID ZyMesh_AP_bc:cf:4f:ea:50:4f

Is there another way to access the GUI?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi Sir,

May I know if your WAC6552D-S is successfully managed by the NXC2500?

If it has been managed by NXC2500 successfully, it's web GUI will be disabled, so you can only monitor/configure it through the NXC2500.

If your WAC6552D-S hasn't managed by NXC2500, I'd recommend you to use ZON Utility to reset it to default settings, then it can be managed by NXC2500, so you can set it up as your wish.

Best Regards,
    Richard
  • AMMCIT
    It is not showing in both the NXC2500 and ZON Utility. However when I scan for IP Address I can see it is live and has one.  I am convinced somehow during the synchronization process with the NXC2500 a file got corrupt on the WAC6552D. I was able to completed this process successfully with another WAC6552S with no issues
  • Zyxel_Richard
    Zyxel_Richard Posts: 218  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi Sir,

Can you try to test to ping to that device, and see if it replies to that?

Also, I’d recommended you to directly connect the PC to the switch that connects to the AP in the same subnet, and see if it can be scanned by the ZON(with the correct interface card selected)

if ping to the IP success, we can use the SSH connection to apply default configuration to AP. But I’d like to try if it can be scanned by the ZON, so that we can directly reset it through ZON, which is much easier.

Best regards 
    Richard
  • AMMCIT
    As I stated in the initial post, the WAC6552D is not showing/displayed in the ZON Utility after a scan. I tried to ping the IP address and got no reply. The device appears to be locked . It shows this weird SSID containing the MAC Address. "ZyMesh_AP_bc:cf:4f:ea:50:4f". I tried to connect to it, SSID, and it is not giving an IP Address.
    Also I ran a port scan using "Advance Port Scanner" - there are no ports open between 20 - 445
    This has to be a faulty device. I just invested $650USD for this device which is not 1 month old yet.
  • AMMCIT

I was able to resolve this matter on my own using the Console Port.

I discovered the device does not work well when it comes to assigning it a static IP address in stand-alone mode.

In the console, I reset the Ethernet connection back to DHCP and then opened port 80 and 443 along with the starting the built in HTTP Server. I reconnected it back to the NXC2500.

After about 5 minutes I conducted a port scan and SSID Scan and discovered the device obtained the correct settings from the NXC2500 controller. It restored itself on its own.

I am able to view the web interface and manage it via the controller.