USG110 cuts off the internet or does not filter.

Jakub
Jakub Posts: 5
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I have a problem. I have a network as in the picture. If I give USG110 (bridge) in front of the USG router, it does not filter (flies without analysis), when I give USG110 behind the router, it cuts off my subnet.

Accepted Solution

• Jakub
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Thanks for the answer. I do not know if we understand each other. I want the Router UNIFI to be responsible for the management of the VLAN. Does your suggestion include this?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Jakub

Welcome to Zyxel Community. :) 

In your environment, the subnet 10.10.6.x should working….but VLAN subnet 192.168.54.X is not working.

Did you setup VLAN interface on USG110? 

You can create a VLAN fulfill your environment.

• Jakub
    edited August 2018 Answer ✓
    Thanks for the answer. I do not know if we understand each other. I want the Router UNIFI to be responsible for the management of the VLAN. Does your suggestion include this?
  • Jakub

Hi @Jakub

Welcome to Zyxel Community. :) 

In your environment, the subnet 10.10.6.x should working….but VLAN subnet 192.168.54.X is not working.

Did you setup VLAN interface on USG110? 

You can create a VLAN fulfill your environment.

• Zyxel_Stanley

Hi Jakub 

If you would like to managing VLAN subnet by Unifi gateway, then you can setup bridge interface on USG110.

Create a bridge interface. (Configuration > Network > Interface > Bridge > Click “Add” button)

a. Add WAN1 and LAN2 as bridge interface member.

b. Setup interface management IP.

c. Must disable DHCP server function.

Unifi Gateway connect to USG110 on port 1.

Unifi Switch connect to USG110 on port 4.

• Jakub
    The bridge has already been created (WAN-> LAN1). How to connect USG110 for Gateway on the 10.10.6.x network is the internet and filters, but the subnet (VLAN) 192.168.54.1 cuts me off from the internet.
  • Zyxel_Stanley

Hi Jakub

If placing USG110(bridge mode) between Unifi Gateway and switch, it is unable pass VLAN tag to swtich.

If you would like to protecting your network environment, how about replace Unifi gateway as USG110. It can management LAN/VLAN subnets and also protecting network traffic by UTM function.

• Jakub
    Thank you.

Security Highlight