Wireless K.O.

Options
GianGR
GianGR Posts: 9
edited August 2022 in WirelessLAN
Salve, da tre giorni il dispositivo WAC6103D-I ha diversi problemi di funzionamento. 1) Si accende, rilascia i due SSID configurati della Wifi ma non permette la connessione, dopo il riavvio riparte a funzionare correttamente. 2) Si accende e non distribuisce nessuna wifi. In entrambi i casi il portale Nebula non lo rileva. Ora sono al punto che lo riavvio e non va più. Questo era un dispositivo refurbished da voi mandato in sostituzione di un altro guasto. Sta diventando una storia infinita. Posso aggiungere che da poco ho fatto l'ultimo aggiornamento firmware proposto V6.25( AAXH.8 ). Attendo fiducioso. Grazie . Gian Luca Rubin

All Replies

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Zyxel_HsinBo Posts: 240  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi, @GainGR

Thanks for consulting Nebula support!

We have received your request.

According to your description, we need to confirm some information.

Here is our understanding of your scenario as below:

1.  Your WAC6103D-I with the latest firmware

2.  AP could boot up and connect to Nebula normally

Issue: AP can’t distribute SSID or stations access SSID failed even after you reboot it for now

If there is anything misunderstanding, please don’t hesitate to correct me.

We consider that there may be an issue of AP system failure or settings misconfiguration that causes the problem you mentioned.

If your AP could boot up normally and connect with Nebula.

Could you kindly help us to turn on your Zyxel Support Access from the below path in your nebula for us to confirm the issue?

PATH: Help (Left sidebar corner) >> Zyxel Support Access

Then please tell us your org&site name, WAC6103D-I mac address (By PM me is fine), and we'll check the problem as soon as possible.

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

HsinBo 

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi, @GianGR

Thanks for consulting Nebula Support!
    We have received the E-mail from you.
    Could you kindly help us to turn on the Zyxel Support Access by following the steps below,
    so that we could check the device from your site?

1. Tap the ' Help ' button from the left-down corner of the left sidebar in Nebula

2. Scroll down the page and tap the ' Support request 'option 

3. Turn on the ' Zyxel Support Access ' option

4. Don't forget to tap the ' save ' button to save the modification

After you have done the setting, please contact us by updating this post,
    We could check your site as soon as possible!
    Have a nice day, Thank you!

Best Regards,

HsinBo

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    Options

Hi, @GainGR

We have received your E-mail!

After we check your logs of 2022/05/17 from the WAC6103D-I

We found that there are logs showing the uplink port of AP is down constantly, which may cause the disconnection issue.

Since there may be many reasons,

Could you kindly help us to check whether is your AP booting power sufficient or not?

(802.3at PoE or 12V2A power adapter)

And help us to check if the cable is not defective which is connected with your AP and upper device.

If the issue still exists after you have done the check, please leave us a message by updating this post.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

HsinBo

• GianGR
    Options
    Salve, allego foto alimentatore Poe nuovo e testato con altro access point Zyxel senza problemi. Cavi di rete nuovi RJ45 cat 6. Ma è andato per qualche mese ora sembra morto. Non ho toccato nulla.  Ribadisco che va e non va, poi ha smesso del tutto. 
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi, @GainGR

We have received your request,

May I know that when the AP shows offline in Nebula, could you connect with the SSID that AP distributes and access the local IP address of the AP?

If your AP could still distribute SSID and you can still connect to it in the local network,

Could you kindly help us to collect the diagnostic file by the following steps below?

1.      Find AP local IP

(If you don’t know the IP address of the AP, please help us to install our PC application

ZON from the path below for scanning intranet Zyxel devices)

URL: https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/Zyxel-ONE-Network-Utility-ZON-Utility/

How to use:

(1)   PC connects to SSID that AP distributes

(2)   Open ZON and tap the cogs (Settings) on the right of the bar 

(3)   Select your Wireless NIC from the option of the network adapter

(4)   Tap the Clear and rescan button and find the IP address of the AP 

2.      Type in the IP address of the AP in the browser and login into the AP manage page.

Username/Password is noted at the path (Nebula >> Site-wide >> General Settings >>

Device Configuration)

3.      Collect the Diagnostics file from the Path

(Left sidebar >> MAINTENANCE >> Diagnostics >> Collect Now)

4.      Wait about 15-20 minutes for the collecting process, and download the Diag. file and 

send it to us (E-mail or PM to me is fine)

We would check the system log, and find out the problems as soon as possible.

If your AP doesn't distribute any SSID, and you can’t find the AP appear in the ZON scan table (with the condition that the setting of your network adapter in ZON is selected as the ethernet NIC, and your PC is connected wired in the same subnet with the AP),

Please contact Italy's local support for RMA service:

Zyxel Communications Italy S.r.l.

Tel: + 39 011 3028500

Address: Via Umbria 27/B, 10099 S.M. Torinese (TO) Italia

Email: info@zyxel.it

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

HsinBo

• GianGR
    Options
    Salve,
    ho collegato il cavo di rete, scaricato ed installato il programma ZON, successivamente ho scollegato il cavo di rete.
    Mi sono collegato alla wifi Netme2.4 ( senza navigazione ). Ho fatto la scansione con ZON ma non trova nulla. L'ho fatto diverse volte.
    Spento e riacceso access point, spento e riacceso pc. Ho installato il software su un secondo pc ma non trova nulla. mi sono dato un ip statico ma nulla. ho fatto tracert ma nulla. Ho fatto ping ma nulla. Allego immagine.

• Zyxel_HsinBo
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi, @GianGR

We have downloaded the Diagnostics files of your AP,
    And concentrating on checking the symptom in progress.
    We'll update this post if there is any new progress.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thank you!

Best Regards,

HsinBo
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    Options

Hi, @GainGR

We have checked the diagnostics of the AP,

It shows some logs that may relate to the disconnected problem you run into.

Refer to the pictures below:

May I know if there is any switch that connects with AP between your gateway?

If it does, could you kindly help us to connect your AP directly to your gateway with a normal cable, observe for a period then tell us whether the symptom is solved or not!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

HsinBo

• GianGR
    Options
    Salve, ho schedulato lo spegnimento del router alle 00: 30 e la successiva riaccensione alle 08:30. Quindi mi dovrei trovare l'access point funzionante tutti i giorni dalle 8:30 a mezzanotte. In quale modo vi può essere d'aiuto il fatto che le router non si spenga alla notte? Ribadisco che questa configurazione ha funzionato per almeno 2 anni. Oltre a questo tutto il resto dei 30/40 dispositivi della rete che prendono il dhcp del router non hanno nessun problema è solo la Access point che va ogni tanto oppure mi fa collegare ma non mi fa navigare.  Mi sembra una casistica un pochino troppo strana che 40 dispositivi vadano ed uno solo abbia sempre dei problemi. Possiamo velocizzare l'iter perché io ne ho bisogno?
  • Zyxel_HsinBo
    edited May 2022
    Options

We have received your request,
    As mentioned, if you connect to the AP and you can’t see AP show in ZON after scanning, please contact local Support for RMA service from the information below:

Zyxel Communications Italy S.r.l.
    Tel: + 39 011 3028500
    Address: Via Umbria 27/B, 10099 S.M. Torinese (TO) Italia
    Email: info@zyxel.it

Sorry for bringing you inconvenience,
    Thank you.

Best Regards,

HsinBo