usg flex 700 cli command fan-get is in celsius or farheneit?

Hoygen83
Hoygen83 Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited June 2022 in Security
Hello,
I was quickly checking temperatures on a zyxel usg flex 700 but It is not very clear if the command express values in farheneit or celsius.
Sensor[0]:55 degree
Sensor[1]:34 degree
Sensor[2]:43 degree
FAN[0]:5869 RPM
FAN[1]:5690 RPM
FAN[2]:5763 RPM
FAN[3]:5825 RPM
by the values shown i would guess celsius but it would be nice to have a confirmation.
Kindest Regards

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    (not so) Fun fact... command fan-get is not reported into CLI Reference Guide Version 4.10-5.30 Ed. 1, 4/2022.
    Puzzling fact: i cannot copy text from the PDF file. Weird.
  • Hoygen83
    yes indeed it is strange, but you can give it going to the web console and using an user with administrative power type: debug hardware [enter] fan-get [enter] i think the first temperature is the cpu the latter the motherboard, not very documented either.
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    And also, even "agreeing" on disagree about unit, outside scientific world, the debate is among Celsius and Fahrenheit.
    Personally i consider not likely that the value is Kelvin, most because at -218 °C Zyxel hardware is not certified to operate. Likewise, not easy to achieve as absolute temperature.
  • Hoygen83
    edited June 2022
    thank you for pointing that out, I am kinda burnt out after working for 7 days 16 hours a day. corrected my question.
  • Zyxel_Jeff
    Zyxel_Jeff Posts: 1,039  Zyxel Employee

The debug hardware commands are used for our production process testing purposes mainly. If you enter the CLI: debug hardware fan-get you can get the CPU and the fan rotational speed result are reported from SNMP. The CPU temperature unit is presented in degrees Celsius and the fan rotating speed is measured by revolutions per minute(RPM). We usually use it in the temperature detection or the overheat protection process. 

Security Highlight