GS 1910 24 hp config question

blueprintcapital
blueprintcapital Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited August 2022 in Switch
I inherited a network system without any info. I manage an apt building. The system has internet coming in to the modem, then it goes into a Juniper WLC100 WLAN controller that is EOL, then it runs into the GS 1910 24 hp. Is the WLAN redundant? Can I eliminate it and just run the feed from the modem or even a router into the Zyxel and manage my APs and Vlans without the WLAN?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @blueprintcapital

May you share more detail about WLAN redundant? What function do you expect WLAN redundant can do?

And do you mean "Can I eliminate it" is to remove your controller and connect Zyxel GS1910-24HP to your Modem or a router?

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @blueprintcapital

May you share more detail about WLAN redundant? What function do you expect WLAN redundant can do?

And do you mean "Can I eliminate it" is to remove your controller and connect Zyxel GS1910-24HP to your Modem or a router?

If you want to remove your WLAN controller, I would like to notify you that you will lost the benefit of WLAN controller since the WLAN controller can centralize control and manage your APs.

Remove the WLAN controller, you need to check out all your APs' IP address and setup one by one.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @blueprintcapital,

Since didn't see you reply for few days, may I know is there any thing I can help?
    In addition, you just need to make sure your switch have correct VLAN setting then the Wifi will work.

Zyxel Melen