XS1930-12HP Web Admin barely has anything and does not match manual

random_pawn00
random_pawn00 Posts: 5
edited August 2022 in Switch
XS1930-12HP, brand new, updated as soon as box opened and switch setup. However, the manuals show a lot more configuration than what is being shown to me.

Why is that? How do I get access to configure everything? It isn't here in the Web Administration. Barely anything here. Just basic stuff.

User Guide: https://download.zyxel.com/XS1930-12HP/user_guide/XS1930-12HP_V4.70_Ed2.pdf

Handbook: https://download.zyxel.com/XS1930-12HP/handbook/XS1930-12HP_2020.1.pdf

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @random_pawn00,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    Once Nebula has controlled the switch, you would be unable to configure your switch via switch web GUI and it only shows little information.
    Please configure/monitor your switch via Nebula control center.
    If you need the Nebula switch user guide, please go to Menu > Help > switch to check.

Zyxel Melen

• Nebula does not allow all of the configuration listed in the manual... What is going on with that?

Unable to configure or use ipv6. Unable to configure any routes (it appears this is locked behind a Nebula fee). Unable to configure LLDP settings. Unable to change Web Admin timeout setting (neither in Web Admin NOR Nebula, so this is locked out 100%).

I don't understand why switch configurations available in Web Admin are missing in Nebula. Internet searches have turned up missing functionality with Nebula going back several years, which means they have not been addressed yet.

• Nebula disables stuff and charges you to access it:

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @random_pawn00,

Nebula Cloud Management provides users an easy configuration and management to switch.

Some of functions, such as IPv6, LLDP setting that lists in Standalone User Guide, are not provided on Nebula Control Center.
    And some of functions, such as IP & Routing, ONVIF Discovery on Nebula, are Pro pack features which require Pro organization to use.
    In addition, the Web Admin timeout setting could not be changed on Nebula Control Center is because user can monitor on Nebula Control Center and no need to access switch Web GUI.

Since most of the functions you list are not provided on Nebula Control Center, I suggest you could change to standalone mode to achieve your requirement.

Here are the steps to remove your switch from Nebula:
    Please go to Organization-wide > Configure > License & Inventory > Device tab, to select the switch you want to remove from the organization and click the action button, then click remove from the organization.

Zyxel Melen

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    @Zyxel_Melen it's quite uninteresting tradeoff....
    Remote/cloud management vs functionality disable? I mean... with a proper VPN and ACL setup you can quite have both of the worlds...
  • Or how we are unable to configure inter-VLAN routing in Nebula

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @random_pawn00,

To configure inter-VLAN routing on Nebula, you can create VLAN IP interface on IP & routing page if your organization is Pro.

In addition, you have mentioned 
    IPv6 & LLDP settings are unable to configure on Nebula Control Center. 
    Can you share more detail with us?
    -What IPv6 settings do you want to use? Is it IPv6 interface or other configuration?
    -What LLDP settings do you want to use? I
    s it LLDP MED or other configuration?

Is there any configuration you also need to set on Nebula? Please share with us. 

Furthermore, if you are urgent to use these functions, we suggest changing your switch from Nebula management mode to standalone mode because the feature of standalone mode is more comprehensive.

Zyxel Melen

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member

Following...
  • Zyxel_Amy
    Zyxel_Amy Posts: 5  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @random_pawn00,

First of all, thank you for your interest of trying out the XS1930 series for your network. Let me spend couple minutes to bridge the gap to see if it helps clarify your doubts.

Zyxel NebulaFlex Switches offers the flexibility to choose either cloud or on-premises standalone operation.

While there are still large group of users who prefers on-premises network management with all the handy features, we do see growing trend for adoption of cloud management.

The greatest benefit Nebula possess is the ability to perform centralized remote management, especially for handling multiple site operation. Nebula’s real-time status and mobile APP adds much more flexibility to managing your network even for single device.  These are tools on-premises management system cannot offer.  Our design for zero-tough deployment via QR-code and offering of 7-days historical data on Cloud just makes life much easier for network installation and management.

On the other hand, features supported on Nebula today are indeed baseline features due to the believe for importance of simplified configuration for Cloud Management.  We have also seen similar believe across the board for many SMB cloud solution.  Having said that, Zyxel continues to add valuable features through regular Nebula update every year. We are more than happy to accept idea of feature request to help advance our platform so feel free to send us your thoughts to help us improve our Nebula system.

We prepare documentation to better help users learn and select which platform suits their purpose, using footnote indication in datasheet and spec-sheet to identify specific features that are offer on Cloud.  The User Guide for Cloud and Standalone management are specifically made into separate document as well.  However, I do apologize if going through the above still leads to confusions.  Let me take some time to enhance our collateral documentation so it can better welcome new Cloud users on board. 

Hope it helps~

Best Regards,

Amy
    Product Line Manager