XGS1250-12 loses LAG config after restart

Options
socos
socos Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Switch
My XGS1250-12 has a LAG setup to a GS1900-24E. After restarting it seems as if no traffic flows through the LAG because I lose connection to devices on the GS1900. When I log into the XGS, the LAG appears to be configured. However, if I click Apply, the LAG then drops out of VLAN1 and I have to add it back as a member of VLAN1. Then it all works fine again unless I restart the switch. This is happening even on the latest firmware update (V1.00(ABWE.2)C0).

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,667  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi @socos,

Welcome to Zyxel community!

According to your description, your problem is more likely your switch removes the LAG group from VLAN 1 members after a reboot.
    May I know if the symptom is the LAG group becoming "Non-Member" as below or not?  

What firmware version did you use when you set up LAG? Which LAG group did you enable?

In addition, could you also help to backup the configuration for me to clarify your problem? Since I did a local test with all LAG groups enabled and reboot the switch but couldn't replicate your issue. 
    Please go to the Management page > Configuration Restore/Backup to backup your configuration.
    Thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• socos
    socos Posts: 2
    Options
    "May I know if the symptom is the LAG group becoming "Non-Member" as below or not?  "
    If the LAG becomes Non-Member, I can no longer communicate with the GS1900 switch or devices on it. The GS1900's LAG is setup as Static since that is what the XGS supports.

Firmware is V1.00(ABWE.2)C0
    LAG group is 'LAG3 (Port 7 and 8)'

Question, does the LAG group number on the GS1900 need to match the XGS's LAG group number? The GS1900's is using LAG2.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @socos,

Thanks for your detailed information.
    I use the same firmware and LAG setting as yours to reproduce your problem, but LAG 3 still is a member of VLAN 1 after reboot.
    Could you PM me your configuration for me to check if the configuration has any problem?

In addition, the LAG group number does not need to be the same between XGS1250 and GS1900.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @socos,

We found a possible issue when the XGS1250-12 has two VLANs and using LAG, the client on XGS1250-12 won't be able to access the devices on GS1900 after rebooting XGS1250-12.
    We released a date code firmware to fix it.
    I will PM you this firmware, could you try this firmware and see if your problem has been solved or not?

Zyxel Melen

• hendrik
    Options
    I have encountered the same issue. LAG2 and LAG3, with 2 VLANS, stopped working after reboot. Had to remove LAGs in config and re-add them, and then it works again. Is there any release date on the firmware fix? 
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Options
    Hi @hendrik,

Welcome to Zyxel community!
    The date code firmware has been released.
    I will send it to you via PM, please check the message box and upgrade.

Zyxel Melen