Have xgs1930 switch. Make changes via either GUI or Wizard. When I do config backup, changes are n

Have xgs1930 switch.  Make changes via either GUI or Wizard.  When I do config backup, changes are NOT reflected in backup config.   Also within SSH connection, 
show running-config' does not display any of the changes.   Am I able to gain CLI access to make config changes?   Why do GUI changes not show in running config?

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @ctheisen71,

The XGS1930 is a smart managed switch that only supports configuration via web GUI.
    Is there any switch reboot event between you finish configuration and collect running-config?
    If yes, this is because the switch will restore the save-config when booting up. Please remember to save your configuration.

If not, may I know what configuration you set up? And I will try to replicate it.

Zyxel Melen

• After any changes I make, I do indeed click on the save button, and I get an onscreen reply that configuration has been saved.   I have also clicked on the save configuration button in the Maintenance.   Then I go into the Maintenance section, hit the Backup button, observe the file being downloaded.   When I open the newly downloaded version of the config file, I do not see any of the new VLAN I created.   I have made and saved these changes using both the Wizard and the VLAN section of the Advanced configuration interface.      I have tried downloading both config1 and config2.  In neither case do the changes appear.
    Strangely, on at least one occasion, I did see some, but not all of my changes in the backup file.  The file also had a line indicating some aspect of Wizard-generated coding.
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @ctheisen71,

It seems like your browser cache the config which makes you get the unchanged configuration.
    Could you help to use the incognito window to download the configuration again?

Zyxel Melen

• Tried Chrome Browser-first time to this.  Same results.  How do I get technical support instead of just uninformed guesses?
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @ctheisen71,

Sorry to let you feel I'm uninformed guesses.
    We have experienced where users cannot find the current config in the running-config file due to the browser's cache.
    I did a local lab that I set up and apply the configuration on my XGS1930-28HP, then download the running-config and it shows my current config. But after I make some changes and download the running-config again, it does not show my current config. I need to use the incognito window to download the running-config to find my current config.

In order to check if your issue is related to the browser's cache or not, could you leave a PC/laptop and provide a Teamviewer or Anydesk for me to check your problem? We will not change any settings except download the config. If you are able to provide it, please PM me the remote ID and password. 

Zyxel Melen