Zyxel USGFLEX 200 problem with two PPPOE

Robert_air
Robert_air Posts: 10
First Anniversary First Comment
edited September 2022 in Security
Zyxel USGFLEX 200 problem with two PPPOE connections, I have a message like in the attachment.

What am I doing wrong that after 1 minute disconnects # 1 or # 2

All Replies

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Zyxel_Cooldia Posts: 1,426  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited September 2022
    Hi @Robert_air,

Welcome to Zyxel community. =)
    Can you send me configuration file in PM for further checking.
    Thanks.
  • After turning on Spidernet_2 there are such problems as I described. I will add here that Spidernet has a constant ip and Spidernet_2 has a variable ip.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    edited September 2022
    Hi @Robert_air,

Because both PPP profile Spidernet and Spidernet_2 are binding to the same physical interface OPT. It is unable to sends a broadcast PPPoE active discovery initiation  packet (PADI) to discover  with same MAC address.

• I understand, and is it possible to configure it correctly to make it work? Until now, I had a microtic router and several mac addresses can be assigned to each interface.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Robert_air,

Since FLEX200 is dual wan device, you can connect both wan interface for PPPoE connection.
  • I ask if the sfp socket can be configured to run two pppoe ?

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Robert_air,
    It is also unable to run multiple PPPoE on SFP interface.
  • It must be said that Mikrotic devices that cost less than $ 150 have this functionality. Do you plan to do a software update on your Flex devices to make it possible? If I knew that there are such limitations, I would never buy a Flex 200 and 500. I am waiting for the possibility of introducing a few pppoe and mac address on the sfp port.

• Zyxel_Cooldia
    Hi @Rober_air,
    Can you share your scenario in practice ? Since our firewall is dual wan device, you can just dial pppoe on different external wan interface. 
  • The problem is that your device has 1x sfp and 2 x rj45 wan ports and I am not interested in rj45 ports because I have internet via sfp connection and here I can run up to 10 different pppoe but your router does not support it. Poor product for such money. I have another question, how can I transfer the configuration of the device from USG 110 to USG Flex 500, please send me a link because I know you have such a tutorial.

Security Highlight