unintended reboots of the AP least at ten minutes times

We own a single AP of type WAC6103D-I which is connected and managed by our USG NXC5500. The USG is running under FW V6.10(AAOS.0) 
Additionally the list of local installed FWs is showing following AP FWs:
WAC6103D-I:                    local / v6.25 (AAXH.8)
At the moment we experience unintended reboots of the AP at least at ten minutes times, sometime it happens 2 or 3 times a day. It takes less than 1 minute for completing, but we are always receiving alert logs from the USG. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

To check the reboot reason, please help us collect the diagnostic of your WAC6103D-I & USG NXC5500.

The method to collect the diagnostic mentioned at the chapter 32’s part 32.2 Diagnostics NXC5500_V6.00.pdf (zyxel.com)

You can click to my account and send the file in private. We’ll check and contact you as soon as possible.

Judy

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

To check the reboot reason, please help us collect the diagnostic of your WAC6103D-I & USG NXC5500.

The method to collect the diagnostic mentioned at the chapter 32’s part 32.2 Diagnostics NXC5500_V6.00.pdf (zyxel.com)

You can click to my account and send the file in private. We’ll check and contact you as soon as possible.

Judy

• I send file to you

Thanks
  • Zyxel_Judy

Hi there,

1/ After we checked the diagnostic file, there were no reboot reason and no abnormal reboot logs on the AP in this time.

The log information can show that AP reboot isn’t caused by hardware or software. It may be an external factor such as PoE, so please check cable/ power adapter.

_debug show file /etc/zyxel/ftp/tmp/reboot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

debug hardware show-reboot-reason

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Reset due to unknow!

2/ Regarding to the alert logs as AP disconnected.

The logs show disconnected time is quite same for APs, so we judge there is issue with your switch or power. We recommend you check your switch/ cable/ power adapter as well. Note that the AP’s status is updated every 120 seconds.

Moreover, we found that there are many APs managed by Controller dividing to 2 groups of CAPWAP method. Group 1: APs get 192.168.99.xx  have CAPWAP as broadcast. Group 2: APs get 192.168.33.xx  have CAPWAP as DHCP Option 138 with primary AC IP as 192.168.7.2.

In case the alert logs as AP disconnected for group 2, please check the intranet connection.

In addition, USG and NXC are the different APC Technology, so I’m so confused when you mentioned that your APs managed by USG NXC5500. Please make sense this point (I check the diagnostic file and know that your controller is NXC5500)

Judy

• Thank you for your help. I will follow up with the questions you suggested