Available today: USG FLEX series supports Gold Security Pack

Zyxel_Stanley
Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited October 2022 in Security

Zyxel’s work is never done to ensure our product evolves and adapts to you. With this major update to USG FLEX series, we are taking the next step on our journey, focusing our innovation on providing advanced threat protection solutions to you, making your business network more secure.

Now USG FLEX, newly empowered by Gold Security Pack license options, is coming stronger now by the capability to add another two layers of security to protect your business fortress. Gold Security Pack not only unleashes Sandboxing service against everything unknown but also Reputation Filter service to block malicious botnets.

Gold Security Pack VS UTM Security Pack

No.

Services

Gold Security Pack

UTM Security Pack

Sandboxing,

V

Reputation Filter

(DNS threat filter & IP reputation)

V

Secure WiFi

V

Nebula Professional Pack

V

Web Filtering

V

V

Anti-Malware

V

V

IPS

V

V

Application Patrol

V

V

Email Security

V

V

SecuReporter

V

V

Collaborative Detection & Response

V

V

Security Profile Sync

V

V

• Note
  • *1: Minimum firmware version ZLD5.32 is required.
  • *2: USG FLEX 50 only supports Content Filter Pack.
  • *3: Cannot pay an additional fee to upgrade the current UTM Security Pack to Gold Security Pack.

To help all the customers of USG FLEX to understand the change after purchasing the Gold Security Pack, please read the please read below details for your attention:

Scenario 1
Activating the Gold Security Pack to a USG FLEX default bundled with 1YR UTM Pack in the on-premise mode

• For on-prem users, the new Gold Security Pack will start to consume when the current UTM Pack expires.

Scenario 2
Activating the Gold Security Pack to a USG FLEX default bundled with 1YR UTM Pack in the Nebula cloud mode

• For on-cloud users, the Nebula will additionally grant usage for the Gold Security Pack services including Sandboxing, Reputation Filter, and Secure WiFi immediately.

Scenario 3
Activating the Gold Security Pack to a USG FLEX with 1YR renewal UTM Pack in the on-premise/on-cloud mode

• The Gold Pack begins to consume right away, the current UTM Pack will be deferred and continue to consume when the Gold Security Pack expires.
  • The Status for all the other services will displays Deferred in portal.myzyxel.com. These services will become active when the Gold Security Pack expires.

To learn more about the license of USG FLEX series, please visit the USG FLEX official product page or leave the message below.

We’re excited to take this next step with Gold Security Pack for USG FLEX, to inspire journeys like yours. We will continue to invest in delivering great user experiences as we aspire to meet your evolving needs.

Comments

• Lost1
    Lost1 Posts: 33  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hello, I have a USG Flex 100W and my UTM license will expire in a few months.  What is the price of this "Gold Pack" vs the regular UTM bundle?
    Thanks
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Lost1,
    You can find the price on Zyxel Marketplace.

• AMI
    AMI Posts: 9
    First Comment
    Wouldnt that simply make it like the ATP Firewall Line?
  • n_j
    n_j Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Does this mean that if I have an USG FLEX 100 running a  bundled 1Y UTM license, and I then purchase and activate a 1Y GOLD license, I will get the remaining period of UTM license upgraded to Gold ?

• Nornjamin32
    Nornjamin32 Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 26

@geometry dash breeze Hi, in a few months my UTM license will expire, and I own a USG Flex 100W. How much does this "Gold Pack" cost in comparison to the standard UTM bundle?

Security Highlight