Can I control WAX630S AP via Zywall 310 VPN firewall?

Options
EKK
EKK Posts: 3
First Comment
edited November 2022 in WirelessLAN
Hello.

Does any1 know if i can control WAX630S APs via Zywall 310 VPN firewall?

We have WAC6503D-S APs in our existing network and those can be controlled via Zywall 310.

Runnning firmware on Zywall 310 VPN firewall is 4.25.

Do i need to update the firmware of Zywall 310 to gain control of those WAX630S APs or what? And if i need to update the firmware of zywall 310, can i directly update from 4.25 ->4.75? Does update destroy existing configuration on Zywall 310 or does it keep it as it is?

Now the problem is that i can see those, WAX630S APs on Zywall 310, but it seems those are inactive and i dont have "real" connection over those.

Thanks. 

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,300  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    I strongly suggest you to update as soon as possible USG310 firmware, that leads or not the management of the Access points.
    On latest user manual you can find detailed least of manageable access point models from AP controller functionality of your device.
  • EKK
    First Comment
    Options
    Thanks for your answer.

I will do the update as soon as I have good and safe opportunity to do it. I am a bit afraid "Does update destroy existing configuration on Zywall 310 or does it keep it as it is?". We will see. 
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there,

At the present, WAX630S AP can’t be managed by Zywall 310 VPN firewall. To know more about the detailed list of manageable access point models from Zywall 310 VPN firewall at the latest firmware (4.72(AAAB.0)C0), please refer to page 7 of this link https://download.zyxel.com/ZyWALL_310/firmware/ZyWALL 310_4.72(AAAB.0)C0_2.pdf

When updating the Zywall 310 firmware, the existing configuration will be kept as it is.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!

• EKK
    First Comment
    Options
    Thanks Zyxel_Judy.

1 more question.

Can i update directly from firmware 4.25 to 4.70?

Thanks.
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 926  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi there,

You can directly upgrade the latest firmware. Note that it takes several minutes to complete upgrading the firmware, so please choose the suitable time that not affect to your service.

Be a Community MVP: Win a VIP Deal Dash on Your Next Zyxel Purchase!