IP Tracking for 3rd Party app

Chemi
Chemi Posts: 5
First Anniversary First Comment
Hi, I use a Firewall USG FLEX 100, a switch GS1920-8HP, a switch GS1920-24HP and 2 access points, one NWA1123ACv3 and NWA110AX. I see all the Ips and MAC of all the machines and other things i have connected. I want to automate some alerts and wanna do that with a 3rd party App, in this case Home Asssitant. How can i track all those macs and ips using snmp protocol? is that possible?
Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,593  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @chemi,

Could you share more detail about your purpose?
    What IP address do you want to track?

Zyxel Melen

• Chemi
    All the ones connected to my zyxels. to my switches , aps or firewall .... i wan to make some autos to see if someone is intruding in my network or if the clients changes her ips and send an alarm
  • mMontana
    mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
    Does Home Assistant support SNMP devices monitoring? :) Maybe you should look into Home assistant (and addons) for the answer.
    However, you can look for SNMP MIBs for all your network equipment.
  • Chemi
    Yes it does, There is no addon for that in Home Assistant or i didnt find any for that, if you know one that can do that, please im all ears
  • Chemi
    By the way i did the search of MIIBs and didnt find anything that helps me for that. But maybe i missed something... if you know something about that, please let me know
  • monkeynia
    monkeynia Posts: 25  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    Hi @Chemi

The Zyxel switch, AP, and firewall support SNMP to check the device information, but your requirement needs the monitor software which can detect the change and able to send the alert.
    I have checked the Home Assistant, seems like it only supports IoT devices. Maybe other users will recommend you some monitor software which fulfills your requirement.
  • Chemi
    yes i know that theu support snmp, nut Home assistant not only support iot devices, i want to use that protocol to track my devices, but i dont find the oid for that
  • Ian31
    Ian31 Posts: 165  Master Member
    Hi @Chemi,
    but i dont find the oid for that
    To get IP/MAC address table via SNMP from USG FLEX firewall.
    The OID is 1.3.6.1.2.1.3.1.1.2 or 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2