Zyxel Secuextender Disconnects after 1 Minute 21 Seconds

Hi all, new user here trying to get an answer to this question.

I am using the latest version of SecuExtender (Found here:https://www.zyxel.com/global/en/support/download?model=secuextender-vpn-client)
Software Version SSL_VPN_Client_4.0.4.0

I have tried to reinstall, repair, completely uninstall and reinstall, to no avail. I have read about updating firmware, but through the app there is no firmware to update to my knowledge.

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited December 2022
    What model Zywall are you connecting too as thats what needs the firmware update 
  • smb_corp_user
    smb_corp_user Posts: 163  Master Member
    5 Answers First Comment Friend Collector Second Anniversary
    I concur with PeterUK's conclusion. The SecuExtender is only a VPN connection client to open a VPN connection through the ZyXeL firewall you use to protect your network. It would be useful to know what you have prepared on the firewall side before trying to create a connection via SecuExtender.
  • Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 100 Answers 500 Comments
    Hi @Jscott441
    Greeting Forum , Please try to install the latest firmware MyZyxel
    If the issue still persist. 
    1)Please kindly find if there are related logs. 

2)Share the configuration files by private messages.
    Thank you
    Kevin
  • Thank you all for replying. I am using the Zyxel SecuExtender from an outside location to connect into the location with the firewall. I do not know exactly what firewall model/version it is, but this issue only started to occur once we updated the firmware on the firewall in our office, a Sophos firewall. is there anything I can do from my end that would allow the traffic through it or is it truly just an update to the firmware needed on the Zyxel firewall's side?
  • Zyxel_Kevin
    Zyxel_Kevin Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    Zyxel Certified Network Administrator - Security Zyxel Certified Sales Associate 100 Answers 500 Comments
    Hi @Jscott441
    If the issue startd after updated Sophos firewall, Could you check Sophos if there are any logs first?
    or we can have the remote session for quickly check .
    Thank you
    Kevin
  • PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 3,316  Guru Member
    100 Answers 2500 Comments Friend Collector Seventh Anniversary
    edited December 2022

Can you downgrade the Sophos firewall firmware or test without it?

Is the Sophos firewall connected to a modem getting the WAN IP? 

Security Highlight