My zyxel keeps going down and not reboot

Hello,

My zyxel XGS1930-28 keeps going of line. Could anyone explain why?

All Replies

• I included the last events but it happens every day now. I have several computers hooked up and my QNAP server.

Best regards,

T
  • Zyxel_Melen
    Zyxel_Melen Posts: 1,590  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @Tobbeswim,

Welcome to the Zyxel community!
    Could you help to download the tech support for me to check your problem?
    Please go to Management > Maintainece > tech support > all to download and send to me in a private message. Thanks.

Zyxel Melen

• Hi Melen,
    Did it reach you?
  • Zyxel_Melen
    edited January 2023
    Hi @Tobbeswim,

Thanks for the tech support.
    Your problem looks like the switch disconnected the Nebula connection since it received malformed packets.
    We are finding a solution for this and will give you an update once I have further information.

Zyxel Melen

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @Tobbeswim,

Good day.
    Could you help to check what is the MTU size of your gateway and modem? Are they both 1500?
    We have experienced that the wrong MTU size causes the device to disconnect with Nebula.
    Please help to check whether your MTU size is 1500 or not.

Zyxel Melen

• OK, Thanks!  I am trying to check but can not figure out how. Could you point me in the right direction?

• Tobbeswim
    Tobbeswim Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 2023
    I connect with TUF-AX5400 with Automatic IP. In that mode I can not set MTU. I can if I connect via PPPoe but then I get no internet at all so that will not work. So I do not know what to do...

I tried to go into CMD to ping www.yahoo.com and I got defragmented packages on many different MTU. 1472 delivered all packages but I do not know how to set this.

• Zyxel_Melen
    Hi @Tobbeswim,

We release a date code firmware to prevent the switch disconnect the connection with Nebula when receiving malformed packets. I will PM you to confirm when I can help to upgrade since we provide remote upgrade the date code firmware service.
    Please try this date code firmware and monitor if the issue happens again.
    If it happens again, then this issue is more likely related to MTU size. You might need to contact Asus's support for checking the MTU size.

Zyxel Melen