NWA1100-NH: improve reliability for connection to WinCE

mMontana
mMontana Posts: 1,298  Guru Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
The AP is the only one i can use but the environment is not that... free.

Works flawlessly with Android devices, but with Intermec/Honeywell C3K, Newland PT60 and PT30 is errant the behavior. Might work for receive 25-50mb of data. Then issue for data transfer happens. Than start to work again. Than stop.

Current radio settings.
WPA2-PSK AES as MBSSID.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee

Hi @mMontana,

Could you help to check if new driver is available for Intermec/Honeywell C3K, Newland PT60 and PT30 clients and install latest version.

From the list, there are some SSIDs with the bad signal. Suggest using the SSID with the good signal or doing fine-tune the deployment of AP's location.

You also can choose the channel 6 to get the higher output power.

In case, the issue still happens, please provide the diagnostic file and the client MAC, SSID via private message for our checking.

Judy

• mMontana
    Hi Zyxel_Judy, thanks for your inputs. My comments should follow your indications
    For the device driver, these WinCE devices have firmware packed with all the "accessories" to the OS (Drivers, apps, etc etc), so i cannot reliably update the driver.However, same devices in other networks built on Zyxel APs (NWA1100-NH, NWA-1123v2) works seamlessly.

The list of SSIDs is the environment of my network. They are reported for allow better comprehension of the environment.

I'd consider channel 6 as soon as possible.
    Consider the issue ongoing. Sometimes devices works for 30-45 minutes, sometimes don't work for the same time.

Thanks for your support.
  • mMontana
    UP
    Any useful hints?
  • Zyxel_Judy
    Zyxel_Judy Posts: 875  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @mMontana,

Have you tried to use the channel 6 and connect to the SSID with good signal as well? Please share with us the result.

Besides, could you help to check the driver version between WinCE devices in the networks built on Zyxel APs (NWA1100-NH, NWA-1123v2) that works well and the WinCE devices that have the data transfer issue?

Judy